about bp release file

maduri0909

Can we import bprelase file (6th version) to blueprism tool(5th version) ??

I tried doing this but iam getting following error.

error occurred while attempting to import the release:
AMI did not recognise the action type 'UIAClickCentre'

VJR

Hi maduri0909,

Generally in software applications backward compatibility isn't fully supported. For example, an Excel file from Office 2010 can be opened in Office 2016 but opening a Office 2016 file in 2010 may cause compatibility issues or will have to run the Office Compatible Checker or download a converter in some applications.

Likewise, although I haven't tried what you are trying to do and neither do I have the latest version, but from the error it looks like UIAClickCentre of the UIA mode that is available only in the latest BP versions and not in the older version is causing the error you are seeing.

Perhaps our forum members who have tried this earlier can throw some more light on it. Given the fact that a BPrelease file can be opened in an editor maybe there is a way to remove the data that causes the error.

maduri0909

Hi maduri0909,

Generally in software applications backward compatibility isn't fully supported. For example, an Excel file from Office 2010 can be opened in Office 2016 but opening a Office 2016 file in 2010 may cause compatibility issues or will have to run the Office Compatible Checker or download a converter in some applications.

Likewise, although I haven't tried what you are trying to do and neither do I have the latest version, but from the error it looks like UIAClickCentre of the UIA mode that is available only in the latest BP versions and not in the older version is causing the error you are seeing.

Perhaps our forum members who have tried this earlier can throw some more light on it. Given the fact that a BPrelease file can be opened in an editor maybe there is a way to remove the data that causes the error.
Thankyou so much ..you said about some editor ..so In which editor the bp release file will be opened... Actually the problem is there were lot of processes and objects in my bprelease file.. So i need to open it.. But i couldn't find a solution.

Last edited:
Thankyou so much ..you said about some editor ..so In which editor the bp release file will be opened... Actually the problem there were lot of processes and objects in my bprelease file.. So i need to open it.. But i couldn't find a solution.
Try Notepad++ or just Notepad if you can't get Notepad++.

jeremyrbs

Hi maduri0909,

Hello do you have any info on Automation Anywhere future release dates. Also is version 11 the same as Version 11.1.0 ?