Active Queue??

ranga

Hi all

Can anybody help me to get details about Active work queue in Blue Prism.
What is a Active Work Queue?
Where is it used?
How to Configure it?

nmanojnunna

Hi Ranga,

The concept of Active Queue is slightly different from the approach of queues.
Work Queues helps in different ways to maintain continuity of process, to maintain historical items processed, to monitor queue items being processed, to share work between multiple bots.

Active Queues just sit on top of all these advantages where you can control multiple BOT sessions from Queue management on which queue items will be processed. It is mainly useful in the scenario where you have multi-bot architecture.

To understand work queues,
1. Create a Resource group. Go to System-->Resources-->Management. Under Active Resources create a new group.
2. Once the group is created, move few resource pcs to the new group.
3. Then you should have an existing Queue which is in workable state.
4. Go to the existing queue definition (system-->Workflow-->Queue) and select it as Active Queue. Then select the process name in which the existing queue is used and select the resource group newly created in Step 1.
5. Now Go to Control room--> Active Queues. You can see the existing queue will be listed under Active Queues. Click on it.
6. You can see a screen like ActiveQueue_Pic2.PNG in attachment.
7. Now you can see Target Resources as "0" on the screen.
8. Consider if you have moved 5 resource pcs to the group which you have created in Step 1 and 2. And now if you give Target resources as 3, then 3 sessions will automatically created in session management by using any of 3 resources present in resource group.
9. All these 3 resources will start working on the process which you have selected in Step 4.

In this scenario you can assign more resources based on the load on the work queue and the items will be processed soon based on no.of resources that you assign dynamically.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Manoj

Attachments

• ActiveQueue_Pic1.PNG
    57.2 KB · Views: 530
  • ActiveQueue_Pic2.PNG
    6.5 KB · Views: 546

ranga

Thank you
Hi Ranga,

Work Queues helps in different ways to maintain continuity of process, to maintain historical items processed, to monitor queue items being processed, to share work between multiple bots.

Active Queues just sit on top of all these advantages where you can control multiple BOT sessions from Queue management on which queue items will be processed. It is mainly useful in the scenario where you have multi-bot architecture.

1. Create a Resource group. Go to System-->Resources-->Management. Under Active Resources create a new group.
4. Go to the existing queue definition (system-->Workflow-->Queue) and select it as Active Queue. Then select the process name in which the existing queue is used and select the resource group newly created in Step 1.
5. Now Go to Control room--> Active Queues. You can see the existing queue will be listed under Active Queues. Click on it.
8. Consider if you have moved 5 resource pcs to the group which you have created in Step 1 and 2. And now if you give Target resources as 3, then 3 sessions will automatically created in session management by using any of 3 resources present in resource group.
9. All these 3 resources will start working on the process which you have selected in Step 4.

In this scenario you can assign more resources based on the load on the work queue and the items will be processed soon based on no.of resources that you assign dynamically.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Manoj

Thank you so much

Liltaua

hey guys,

thanks for the explanation of above, it has been really usefull. I'm checking this functionality and when I assign some target resouces, the control remove them automaticaly one the task are finished. is this the normal way to control room is handle this functionality? is there any way to keep one number of reource active or I need to change it manually each time that I want to start the active queue?

thanks,

Vanguru

Hi Ranga,

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Manoj

Hi,
I have a process and from that process I will be sending items to different queues...which will be used by different processes.....I want to make that queues as an Active queues.....

If I schedule my main process and since I am using active queue so the respective processes will trigger automatically as soon as an item enters into the queue (I will not schedule the processes which are using active queue).

I want to know whether the processes which are triggered by active queue will work fine or we need to use login agent for these processes as well??

Kamal

Hi,
I have a process and from that process I will be sending items to different queues...which will be used by different processes.....I want to make that queues as an Active queues.....

If I schedule my main process and since I am using active queue so the respective processes will trigger automatically as soon as an item enters into the queue (I will not schedule the processes which are using active queue).

I want to know whether the processes which are triggered by active queue will work fine or we need to use login agent for these processes as well??
Did you get your answer brother ?

I have seen in this forum as well as blue prism community that whenever some one asks a real time actual scenario based question there is no reply after that.

Phanindra

Hi,

Active Queue & Login Agent are two different things. You should use Login Agent before starting the process even though using Active queue.