Solved Add Column Header In Blue Prism

rpaccount

Hi,

This is a simple question.
I would like to add column header in an existing collection.
Because i need to merge and do stuff to the collection, i can't just add the field at the collection properties. It will tell me that the collection headers don't match and etc.
Is there a way to do it at the end of my process using action stage/etc? Because i don't want to add the column header manually.

Thanks guys!

Sukesh Kumaru

Hi,
Yes this is possible PFA for your clear understanding on how to add a column to an existing collection, here i added "sal" to an existing collection.

Thanks.
Sukesh Kumaru.

Attachments

• add.JPG
    add.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 1,422
  • add2.JPG
    add2.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 1,363

rpaccount

Hi,
Yes this is possible PFA for your clear understanding on how to add a column to an existing collection, here i added "sal" to an existing collection.

Thanks.
Sukesh Kumaru.

Hi Thank you for your reply.
I don't want to do it manually though. Is this done manually by adding field? :)

VJR

Hi rpaccount,

In order to offer you a suitable solution can you explain in more details.
- What are you exactly trying to achieve
- Are you getting the data from an excel? In that case does the Excel not have any column headers or do you want to change them?
- You mentioned you need to do it at the end of the process. Will you not need it in the beginning in order to call the collection field using their column names?

junjie

Hi VJ

now i can do already ... haha (to add header)
thanks a lot :)

i have another question:
how to save a collection into excel file ? I cannot find any guide where :(

please help ...

Sukesh Kumaru

Hi VJ

i have another question:

please help ...
Hi,
To achieve this you have to use few action stages i.e, Create instance, Create Workbook, Write Collection, Save Current Workbook as and Close all instances from the VBO called "MS EXCEL VBO".
PFA of write collection stage for your clear understanding.

Regards,
Sukesh.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 551

junjie

hi VJ
what is this error about ? how should i fix it?

1529033207418.png

what i was trying to do :
insert header, after that, count total row, but this error pop up at the count row action stage :(

kindly advise ... ?

junjie

oh !
hi Sukesh
thanks a lot for your kind advices :)
let me check it out :)
the above error, not sure how to fix it ... ?

VJR

Hi VJ

i have another question:

please help ...
In your original post I have given you the name of the exact Action to save collection into Excel.

Sukesh Kumaru

hi VJ
what is this error about ? how should i fix it?

View attachment 1053

what i was trying to do :
insert header, after that, count total row, but this error pop up at the count row action stage :(

kindly advise ... ?
Hi junjie,

I think in the Save action stage please check that you had passed the correct Workbook name.
Still your problem persists, share the process screenshot, then i can assist you in achieve your target.

Regards,
Sukesh.

Rharsh

Hi rpaccount,

In order to offer you a suitable solution can you explain in more details.
- What are you exactly trying to achieve
- Are you getting the data from an excel? In that case does the Excel not have any column headers or do you want to change them?
- You mentioned you need to do it at the end of the process. Will you not need it in the beginning in order to call the collection field using their column names?

Hi VJ,
I have come across a scenario(point 2 in ur reply above) where my excel file does not have any header column and I need to add a suitable header. How should I do that? I need to call it later from a collection using the field name.

VJR

Hi VJ,
I have come across a scenario(point 2 in ur reply above) where my excel file does not have any header column and I need to add a suitable header. How should I do that? I need to call it later from a collection using the field name.
Hi Rharsh,

In the link refer post #7 here to insert a new row for the header. Provide the Cell Reference parameter as "1:1" in the Select action.
Then use 'Set cell value' to set each of the headers as per your needs.

Sneha117

Hi,

Thanks.
Sukesh Kumaru.
Can you send me the image of action stage named add column as I'm unable to add a column to existing collection..throws an error to say that incoming collection does not contain the field.