advice for ftp

riderc1

I am researching a new solution using Blue Prism. The client gave me a document showing that they are using WinSCP to FTP (not sure if it is ftp or sftp) to post files to a remote server. I did a quick search and it seems Blue Prism does not have ftp/sftp support.
I found a few other threads where developers used .NET for ftp or called the WinSCP assembly for SFTP. I'm trying to decide if it is more time efficient to spy a tool like WinSCP or create some code using the WinSCP assembly to upload? In general, I would assume it would be better to not rely on a third party application. However, it will probably take more time to use the assembly vs spying out the WinSCP application.

Hi @riderc1,
I've recently worked with WinSCP and used Application Modeler to spy its elements instead of creating a connection use code stage and it was pretty simple.
I suggest you to try to configure your server connection using WinSCP and save it as a desktop shortcut so you can check its properties and use it as a parameter when setting up the Application Modeler for your Business Object, by doing this you will be able to Launch WinSCP directly onto the correct server/connection.
Fortunately, WinSCP has a lot of shortcut keys such as F5, F6, Shift+F5 that are able to do most of the work (upload, move, download, delete files, etc) so check if there are shortcut keys available for your needs and use Global Send Keys to interact with WinSCP. For the spying part you will be able to identify elements mostly by using Acessibility/UIA mode.

Hi Riderc,
I need to log in into WinSCP and Drag a file from my server to local , I am unable to spy element for it, any help would be much appreciated.

riderc1

Hi Riderc,
I need to log in into WinSCP and Drag a file from my server to local , I am unable to spy element for it, any help would be much appreciated.
Hello Daniyal - I have not started on WinSCP yet. I have this on my backlog of projects. Based on gojaorobotmaker's comment, it was not to difficult to use. He said he used several of the keyboard shortcuts. I would recommend this approach (With Global Send Key) rather than spying buttons. I think it would be easier to develop with Blue Prism that way.
Sorry I cannot provide you much more details since I have not done it yet.

pooja2903

Hi Guys, can you please explain in detail how to do, probably if you can provide screenshots. I ma new to BP and got assignment on Winscp. Please help