Automate.exe has stopped working while using Accessibilty mode

Shweta

Hi All,
I am getting issue"Automate.exe has stopped working" whenever Accessibility mode is used. Everytime Blue Prism terminates and need to restart again.
Can anyone please help on what could be the issue and how can I proceed further?

Thanks!

VJR

Hi Shweta,

When do you get this issue - Is it as soon as you press Alt while spying and when you go to the AA mode?
Or is it after you press Ctrl Left click while coming out of the spying?
Also which application are you trying to spy using the AA mode?

Shweta

Hi VJ,

Thanks for your response.

I am getting this issue, after coming out of the spying, when I am clicking on Highlight button.
It's a browser based application.

Thanks!

VJR

Hi VJ,

Thanks for your response.

I am getting this issue, after coming out of the spying, when I am clicking on Highlight button.
It's a browser based application.

Thanks!
In the wizard check the Application Manager options in the dropdown. If it is set to Embedded default try changing to 32 bit or to 64 bit if it is a 64 bit application you are working on. Save your work before doing so as it at times produces unexpected results. If it still doesn't work then do so research on selecting the right settings in the wizard for the other options by changing certain combinations. If it still doesn't then we might have to live with that, and if it becomes possible choose any other method, as this issue does occur while rendering some websites.

Shweta

Hi VJ,

I am working on 64-bit application, and changed Embedded default to External, 64-bit option.
Again, after clicking on highlight button (after spying), this time I got "AppMan has stopped working" error, although Blueprism application did not terminate this time, which was happening earlier.

Thanks!

eaglebot

This happens when there are a very big amount of potential elements in the page to choose from. Think it as if you have to select one single grain of rice from a huge bag of rice rather than picking one from a 10 rice grains. You will have to be absolutely precise here to pick only what you want and not the rest. To avoid this DON'T click highlight when you spy the element... After you spy, go to attributes and remove all the unwanted ones and checked ones with no values in them and keep just a few essentials which will get the element spyed. Don't forget to select match index ( and match reverse ). Try this and if not then share us a screenshot of what you are trying to do and what element it is.

Keep Spyin!