Blue Prism attach Mainframe

Youssef

Hi all!,
Im applying Mainframe automation in Blue Prism for a process using Micro focus Reflection for Destkop 16 (.NET API). I don't however find the attach action when i use the Navigate stage and place the root of the application in the element column. In the application modeller i use the following path to session file: S:\Documents\Attachmate\Reflection\Refl2014\hiddenName.rd3x
Does anyone have an idea on how to attach to the mainframe window?
Thx for the help!

gil.silva

Hi all!,
Im applying Mainframe automation in Blue Prism for a process using Micro focus Reflection for Destkop 16 (.NET API). I don't, however, find the attach action when i use the Navigate stage and place the root of the application in the element column. In the application modeller i use the following path to session file: S:\Documents\Attachmate\Reflection\Refl2014\hiddenName.rd3x
Does anyone have an idea on how to attach to the mainframe window?
Thx for the help!
Do you create the Attach action in your Object? If you have the attach page and the launch page with good logic, it should work. Personally, I was attaching mainframe application using the saved session path (.ws) and it works very fine

Youssef

Yes i have created the attach page in the second object:

1) object containing basic actions of the application (launch, terminate, etc)
2) object that contains actions on specific screen (therefore i need to attach as per screen window)

I cannot attach at all because it does not appear on my navigate stage;

View attachment 1554809746105.png

gil.silva

If you already have the attach page built correctly, you just need to call that page at the beginning of your actions. That's the common usage of the attach action.

Pavan Kumar B

Hi Youssef,
In Mainframe automation you will not get the attach, Instead try using the launch with the same session ID.
Please look at this for more understanding

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    35.7 KB · Views: 211

Arbaaz

Can anyone help with bringing the focus to Mainframe application? I cannot find a Focus or an Activate application for my IBM mainframe application

Ro0696

Yes i have created the attach page in the second object:

1) object containing basic actions of the application (launch, terminate, etc)
2) object that contains actions on specific screen (therefore i need to attach as per screen window)

I cannot attach at all because it does not appear on my navigate stage;

View attachment 3673
Hi, I am having same issue with same Microfocus Reflection desktop and could not get attach option. I need to have multiple objects for various mainframe screens. Did you found a solution for this ? Kindly let me know. It will be really helpful for me.