Blue Prism :: Element Spying - Identity Button not showing up while spying the elements of Calculator in an Application Modeller

chirag

Hi,

I am creating the sample VBO in an Object Studio targeting Windows Calculator. While defining the elements of Calculator in Application Modeller, the 'Identify' button is not showing up upon launching the Calculator, as required for spying the elements.

Note: The application is getting launched through Blue Prism - Application Modeller only, but not manually. After clicking the 'Launch' button 'Identify' button is coming-up just for a fraction of sec and the 'Launch' button re-appears, disappearing the 'Identify' button.

Additionally, as per the observations, while launching the Calculator through an Application Modeller, although only one instance is getting launched but 2 instances are showing up in the task manager and the count remains the same even if multiple instances are being launched further through the application modeller.

I have also tried disabling Calculator application from running in the background from Startup services, but no luck.

Attached is the screenshot of the above problem statement.

Environment Details:

Edition: Windows 10 Enterprise
Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i5-6200U CPU@2.30GHz
Application: Windows Calculator exe
Blue Prism: v6.6.0.15260

Attachments

• WindowsCalculator-Spying.PNG
    231 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

Manikanta

in Windows 10 calculator can be spied but exact result may not appear for the second time...So its better to use Blue Prism in windows 7.
Windows 7 Calculator works perfectly for BP

GatesV

I believe BP offers their own version of the calculator for training purposes on Windows 10. You should be able to find it on their portal.

Hi,

I am creating the sample VBO in an Object Studio targeting Windows Calculator. While defining the elements of Calculator in Application Modeller, the 'Identify' button is not showing up upon launching the Calculator, as required for spying the elements.

Note: The application is getting launched through Blue Prism - Application Modeller only, but not manually. After clicking the 'Launch' button 'Identify' button is coming-up just for a fraction of sec and the 'Launch' button re-appears, disappearing the 'Identify' button.

Additionally, as per the observations, while launching the Calculator through an Application Modeller, although only one instance is getting launched but 2 instances are showing up in the task manager and the count remains the same even if multiple instances are being launched further through the application modeller.

I have also tried disabling Calculator application from running in the background from Startup services, but no luck.

Attached is the screenshot of the above problem statement.

Environment Details:

Edition: Windows 10 Enterprise
Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i5-6200U CPU@2.30GHz
Application: Windows Calculator exe
Blue Prism: v6.6.0.15260
Hi windows 10 calculator will not support for spying & automation try with windows 7 calculator its available for download try.