Blue Prism Excel Subtotals and Formatting

haroon_rpa

Hi,

I've SQL Query running and storing results in Excel file by replacing old records updated in Excel (use of Macro clear cells). But now when I dump results, I need followings;

1- Better Formatting (color, wrapped text etc.)
2- Subtotals

But there is no function in Excel VBO. Any recommendations?

sivagelli

1- Better Formatting (color, wrapped text etc.)
2- Subtotals

1. For formatting cells, you can write a custom object code within BP Excel VBO. Or you can write a Macro and call the Macro from BP. For more precise solution, specify the formatting requirements
2. For getting Sub-totals, you can select a cell using 'Go To Cell' action and pass the formula using 'Set Cell Value' action. This will update the cell with subtotal for the passed range reference.

Hope this helps!

breagladney

1. For formatting cells, you can write a custom object code within BP Excel VBO. Or you can write a Macro and call the Macro from BP. For more precise solution, specify the formatting requirements
2. For getting Sub-totals, you can select a cell using 'Go To Cell' action and pass the formula using 'Set Cell Value' action. This will update the cell with subtotal for the passed range reference.

Hope this helps!

Hi Sivagelli,

I need to select 'Show all Subtotals at Bottom of Group', can you go into more detail about your solution for getting subtotals. I am having difficulty understanding how to do this with a dynamic range reference.

Thanks,
BG