Blue Prism Foundation Guide Section 9

obungle

Currently working through the guide and on section 9 I don't know what I'm doing wrong in exercise 9.1.1. It says that after running the process I need to open the properties of the Data Items to see their current values but there are none. No mention beforehand of populating with my own values but even when I do that I can't get it to work. Also when I go to Control Room as specified in exercise 9.1.2 I can't see any items in Queue 1. I've followed the guide really closely so unsure what I'm doing wrong

obungle

Hi kiss4344 - thanks for your reply. How do I post my flow here? Sorry, quite new to this. I actually think its a mistake on the guide, I'm working from version 5.0.2 but can't find a later version to compare it with

lthomas

Hi, I also have this same issue but in version 6.2 of the foundation course. I am new to Blue Prism but it seems there may be some content missing 9.1.1 that does not explain what to do with the data items. The same data items suddenly appear to have values when the process is run despite no instruction to populate them.

smitb

Currently working through the guide and on section 9 I don't know what I'm doing wrong in exercise 9.1.1. It says that after running the process I need to open the properties of the Data Items to see their current values but there are none. No mention beforehand of populating with my own values but even when I do that I can't get it to work. Also when I go to Control Room as specified in exercise 9.1.2 I can't see any items in Queue 1. I've followed the guide really closely so unsure what I'm doing wrong

I am having the same problem. Were you able to resolve this?

smitb

Hi, I also have this same issue but in version 6.2 of the foundation course. I am new to Blue Prism but it seems there may be some content missing 9.1.1 that does not explain what to do with the data items. The same data items suddenly appear to have values when the process is run despite no instruction to populate them.

Were you able to resolve this?

lthomas

Were you able to resolve this?

I skipped over that section as it made no sense without the data items being populated. I searched on youtube and came across a very helpful video tutorial that explained queues in BP much better than the foundation course did (and the example is similar to the course). Found it very helpful considering what is needed during final exercises.

anti_heroine

I'm having the same trouble with this exercise (and learning guide). @kiss4344 it was a simple Start/Action/End process with auto-generated Data Items and a Breakpoint at the end stage. No matter what variations are tried, nothing happens despite what the learning guide states.

I'm finding this learning guide quite useless. @lthomas what was the video you watched?

kiss4344

I'm having the same trouble with this exercise (and learning guide). @kiss4344 it was a simple Start/Action/End process with auto-generated Data Items and a Breakpoint at the end stage. No matter what variations are tried, nothing happens despite what the learning guide states.

I'm finding this learning guide quite useless. @lthomas what was the video you watched?

Can you take a screenshot of your flow and add the same here in attach files section? so that it will be easy for us to review and give some resolution.
pls take screenshot of complete flow and error area