Blue Prism is assisted or unassisted automation

VJR

Hello Devendhar,

If you are asking does Blue Prism support Attended (Assisted) or Unattended (Unassisted) automation - then in my opinion the answer is
i. Assisted - yes
ii. Unassisted - yes and no (due to reasons mentioned below)

Assisted automation, where the RPA software automates other applications running on the user's desktop typically attended by the user by making use of the Blue Prism interface.
For example; when the user wants to copy something from an email having a specific subject line and paste it into a new excel file at will whenever s/he wants to. Then in this case the user can simply run a process in Blue Prism anytime s/he wants which will perform this task.

or Unassisted, in which Blue Prism is deployed on numerous machines to run without the need for the automation to be attended.
For example; There are lots of emails daily flooding in an organization's Inbox. A user or his company wants to continously check for emails with a specific subject line, open/read the email and transfer a particular text into a spreadsheet. S/he wants to do this 24X7.
This entire procedure can be possible by Blue Prism in an unattended way. But in my opinion even though the process can be scheduled in an automated way users may still want to manage the robot workloads in specific cases. Also the user or the Blue Prism Controller needs to keep a watch on the process for any errors, read logs for anything unusual and hence will have to keep attending the process.

These are just my inputs and I am still gaining experience in the RPA field. You can wait to hear from more experienced people on this thread.

RPA_1

Yes pls. Detailed example would really be helpful. Is it same as attended and unattended automation?

Jeny

HI,

Could anyone please give an example of assisted and unassisted automation in Blue Prism