Blue Prism - Open new URL in same browser tab - Chrome/MS Edge

Jaslokunal

Hi Everyone,

Hope you are having a great day. Pardon me if I am posting something really silly.
I found out that while working with Chrome/MS Edge there is no predefined action provided by blue prism to open a new URL in same browser tab. So I found out below solution.

1. Add a new web/html element in the Application Modeler with below properties -
a. Path: /html/body
b. Match Index: 1
Note: Path property has been renamed to Web Path/Xpath in Blue Prism 6.9 onward

2. Add a Navigate stage and select the web/html element added in step 1
3. Select action: Set Address from the action drop-down in navigate stage
4. In the Address parameter pass the URL you want to open
5. Save the object and run the Navigate stage added in step 2, it will open the URL passed in step 4 in same browser tab

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 449
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 439

rkrpa

Thanks, the old Navigate -> Navigate (to URL) action seems to be gone in 6.10 when we upgraded from 6.4. Thanks for the tip, that worked for me. Seems like an awkward way to do it, but until I hear otherwise, I will switch to this method.

souravsaha

Hi Everyone,

Hope you are having a great day. Pardon me if I am posting something really silly.
I found out that while working with Chrome/MS Edge there is no predefined action provided by blue prism to open a new URL in same browser tab. So I found out below solution.

1. Add a new web/html element in the Application Modeler with below properties -
a. Path: /html/body
b. Match Index: 1
Note: Path property has been renamed to Web Path/Xpath in Blue Prism 6.9 onward

2. Add a Navigate stage and select the web/html element added in step 1
3. Select action: Set Address from the action drop-down in navigate stage
4. In the Address parameter pass the URL you want to open
5. Save the object and run the Navigate stage added in step 2, it will open the URL passed in step 4 in same browser tab
Hi Jaslokunal, it's not working for me.