Blue Prism - Surface Automation (Citrix)

soonerorlater

Hello everyone,

How efficient is Blue Prism with surface automation (Citrix) as compared to other automation tools like Automation Anywhere?
Can we make Blueprism read values from the UI? Please advise.

Thanks as always!

RDawson9

Geek
Staff member
Hi @soonerorlater

Surface Automation in Blue Prism is achievable. Depending on which version you're using (v5 or v6) it will be more difficult. Both can achieve the desired outcome but SA has been greatly improved in v6.

Generally people tend to find that UiPath is much better equipped to deal with Surface Automation, whereas Blue Prism requires a more technical approach, certainly in v5.

In terms of Automation Anywhere, I don't have enough experience of the tool to provide an informed opinion. Maybe post in the Automation Anywhere forum and see if anyone can advise? :)

Rob

soonerorlater

Hi @soonerorlater

Surface Automation in Blue Prism is achievable. Depending on which version you're using (v5 or v6) it will be more difficult. Both can achieve the desired outcome but SA has been greatly improved in v6.

Generally people tend to find that UiPath is much better equipped to deal with Surface Automation, whereas Blue Prism requires a more technical approach, certainly in v5.

In terms of Automation Anywhere, I don't have enough experience of the tool to provide an informed opinion. Maybe post in the Automation Anywhere forum and see if anyone can advise? :)

Rob
Thank You!!

cs.andras

Hi @soonerorlater

Rob
Hi Rob,
I'm looking at an upcoming upgrade myself, could you tell me what exactly v6 can do? I heard SA becomes much better, but what exactly does this mean? Does it use some sort of Citrix plugin or maybe recognises Window elements and treats them as objects for us users?
Thanks,
Andras

Hi All,

Please help us out with below issue.

We are using surface automation to select the city but for few cities it is selecting wrong city.
for eg. for "H-HUB-RAJKOT" it is selecting "H-HUB-AJMER".
It has checked and confirmed that there is no data issue (like space & font etc) for "H-HUB-RAJKOT" value in database.

Also if we spy this element in HTML mode then While selecting city using (Navigator : Select Item , and Write : Item Value) It asks for confirmation but we are not able to identify this popup to select the same and this process get stuck at this point only.

We have tried with separate Application modeller to select the popup but not able to spy this.

Please find attached screenshots for reference.

Thanks
Sidharth Tiwari

Attachments

• While_Selecting.jpg
    While_Selecting.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 138
  • After_Selecting_City.jpg
    After_Selecting_City.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 127

VJR

Hi Siddharth,

You mentioned "While selecting city using (Navigator : Select Item , and Write : Item Value)"

Are you using a Navigate stage to select the item and then again a Writer stage to write the item value.
Try using only the Navigate stage with 'Select item' action in dropdown and in the bottom parameters use either of the 3 parameters.

Regarding the popup it looks like it is coming from a webpage so you should be able to spy it if you give the correct Window Title parameter while attaching. If for some reason that isn't workable then try using Sendkeys "{ENTER}" on the OK button after giving a Wait time to allow the popup to appear.

Hi VJ,

Thanks for your response, Here due to pop-up (which is not getting spy except using region mode, I have to use surface automation.

Though it is working fine but for few values from drop down it is not working as per given input.
for eg. for "H-HUB-RAJKOT" it is selecting "H-HUB-AJMER". and for eg. for "H-HUB-BARODA" it is selecting "H-HUB-BANGALORE".

These few cities is making an issue.
Please help.

Thanks
Sidharth

VJR

Hi Sidharth,

How are you writing values to the dropdown. Can you show some screenshots.

Hi VJ,

Using Global Send Keys I am passing value to that drop down and selecting the same and immediate confirmation pop up comes.
Here I tried to select using select item but due to pop up I ave to use navigation global send key.

Thanks
Sidharth

VJR

Hi Sidharth,

The pop up appearing might be by design whenever any item is selected from dropdown.
I am slightly confused by the issue(s). Are you facing the issue of not able to select correct values in dropdown OR not able to spy the pop up OR both.

Regarding not able to spy pop up what happened after the suggestion I provided to you?

try using Sendkeys "{ENTER}" on the OK button after giving a Wait time to allow the popup to appear.

As of now what are the exact issues you are facing.

I am facing issue only in case of 2 different values from drop down.( pls see my previoa reply)
For rest, I am able to select from drop down and able to handle that pop up.

VJR

Hi Sidharth,

I did see your earlier reply and hence was my further response.
It contained information about both things - passing values to dropdown and about pop up hence the loss of clarity about the actual issue.

Now you have the issue with those few items where incorrect option is selected.
And as you said you are using Sendkeys to select those values.

Here I tried to select using select item but due to pop up I ave to use navigation global send key
What does the above line mean?

Hi VJ,

Sorry for confusion,the issue only with those few items where incorrect option is selected.
Ex: 1)when i pass Rajkot it select Ajmer
2) when i pass Baroda it select Bangalore.

For rest it is selecting correct value from drop down.

VJR

Okay, so how are you selecting the values in the dropdown? I know you mentioned about this above, but just lets ignore the confusion and start afresh here.

VJR

What happens when you use Navigate stage with 'Select item' action in dropdown and in the bottom parameters use either of the 3 parameters (index, text or value)?

Hi VJR,

Could you please help, As I am not able to spy that pop up window in any mode except region,But this is making issue for few selected values from drop down.

Could you please help if possible.

Thanks

Ayila304

I am trying to launch Citrix Application But the problem is while i am trying to attach its not attaching the file and its failing to attach the error is "There is Error while Syping" PLease help on this situation....