Blue prism, Work Queue from IE search and results

gorrhyse

Hi people. newbie here!

Excellent forum here - lotsa help to be found! :)
But i have encountered a little challenge which I can't seem to wrap my head around. The task is following:

1. First I need to navigate to a specific web page. That works fine

2. On this first page I need to input 2 dates and choose from a few drop down menus and press search. This works fine (attachment 1 Main Search page)

3. On the "Results" page I need to get all data from results which will be the basis of my work queue. It consists of 3 columns with a Company name, Company ID and Link to further details (attachment 2 Results page). This works fine by using "Get Table" and storing into a collection.

3. But my challenge is now: For each company I need to click the details link mentioned in pt 2 above and extract all details about the spesific company. (attachment 3 Details page) All these data needs to be added to the collection in pt 2 above in separate columns.

All information from the first collection in pt 2 and the added details from pt 3 will on later stage be added into another system.

Any ideas in how I should iterate through the first collection, press the link for each company, extract information and add this to collection/queue?

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated!

Attachments

• 1 Main Search Page.png
    32.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 2 Results Page.png
    52.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 3 Details Page.png
    78.3 KB · Views: 13

LeoLugo

You might be able to have a stage that clicks on a link with a dynamic attribute that you pass while looping through the collection.

budziakkamil

Hi people. newbie here!

Excellent forum here - lotsa help to be found! :)
But i have encountered a little challenge which I can't seem to wrap my head around. The task is following:

1. First I need to navigate to a specific web page. That works fine

2. On this first page I need to input 2 dates and choose from a few drop down menus and press search. This works fine (attachment 1 Main Search page)

3. On the "Results" page I need to get all data from results which will be the basis of my work queue. It consists of 3 columns with a Company name, Company ID and Link to further details (attachment 2 Results page). This works fine by using "Get Table" and storing into a collection.

3. But my challenge is now: For each company I need to click the details link mentioned in pt 2 above and extract all details about the spesific company. (attachment 3 Details page) All these data needs to be added to the collection in pt 2 above in separate columns.

All information from the first collection in pt 2 and the added details from pt 3 will on later stage be added into another system.

Any ideas in how I should iterate through the first collection, press the link for each company, extract information and add this to collection/queue?

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated!

Yup, like Leo said, try to spy it in HTML mode and refer to 'Path' selector. Spy two one by one elements and try to find out difference in 'Path' selector. It will be probably one of <TR> or <TD> value.
Best,
kam

gorrhyse

Thanks for both of you for taking the time for replies.

I'll try to build in a stage that does what you have suggested above and see if that help me with a further solution!

Thanks again so far :)

Regards
G