Button Global Mouse Click Center vs Button Press

amador

Hello Peps,

Lately, I cannot help myself but wonder what is the difference between button global mouse click center and button press, and when to use one over the other.

I have spent hours of hours debugging my codes and pinpoint exactly what was the wrong, and after almost a day and lost several hair(due to head scratching), I totally made it work - by accident or I must say, trial and error approach.

Here is the interesting part. I have spied the clear all button in win32 mode as shown below and created corresponding action in an object. The Clear All navigate stage has a button Global Mouse Click Center and show a pop-up screen where the bot will click yes again, another global mouse click center. However, in some cases, the action fails -- no time out error or error message whatsoever. The process' action stage seems endlessly waiting for the user to manually click again the Clear all button to continue with the next record in queue. But when I changed the Clear All Button to "Press", it worked like "magic"

By the way, I am using BP version 5 on this particular project.

Any comments people? Appreciate any enlightenment.

Thanks guys,

Amador

View attachment 1537987292636.png

View attachment 1537987434009.png

DanielTorres

[Global Mouse Click Center]
The mouse cursor will appear on screen during this method, across the button.

[Press]
The internal ID for this action is 'Press', for that reason I prefer this one.

I give preference to the 'Press' method, but it is not always possible to use and you have to use 'Global Mouse Click Center'

In both cases make sure that the window is attached and that before interacting with the button uses the focus method.

On the same lines what is the difference between Global mouse click and global mouse click centre.

For global mouse click and what do inputs X, Y, Mouse button mean and what values should we in put here

For global mouse click centre we have mouse button as input

can some 1 clarify the above points.

thank you

Manikanta

On the same lines what is the difference between Global mouse click and global mouse click centre.

For global mouse click and what do inputs X, Y, Mouse button mean and what values should we in put here

For global mouse click centre we have mouse button as input

can some 1 clarify the above points.

thank you

Global mouse clicks: Once we spied the element based upon coordinates it will click.
Global mouse click center: There is no co-ordinates are there just it will click on center.

So typically what are coordinates x and y.

help file on bp states The X coordinate of the point at which to click, relative to the window. so as for y

lets say I have 5 values (a,b,c,d,e) in my combo box . I want to click on value 'c'

Kamal

If you want to click on Value "C" in your combo box, you need to find the X and Y coordinate numbers on your screen where Value "C" in said combo box is located.

View attachment 4791

Here is another example to make you understand how X and Y coordinates work.
View attachment 4792
Hello Sir. Nice explanation. In one interview I was asked that in Global Mouse Click if we are not passing X and Y values then is it same as Global Mouse Click Center. If not then where exactly it will click.

Kindly answer ...