Can Blue Prism replace reporting tools like SSRS and Cognos?

madison320

Our management has been told by Blue Prism reps that Blue Prism can replace reporting tools, Like SSRS, Cognos, Crystal Reports, etc. Is this true? I thought RPAs could only automate manual processes done in existing applications. I can see how an RPA could automate "Report A" in your accounting software, assuming that "Report A" already exists. But I don't see how an RPA could query the underlying tables in a given database and create a new report. Do RPAs build a data warehouse and allow you to build SQL statements off that data? Or is there a misunderstanding about what Blue Prism is capable of?

Thanks!

Luuk

My opinion would be that RPA cannot replace reporting tools. You are correct in saying that RPA automates manual steps in exiting systems.
Indeed, your example would be possible. RPA might be used to create reports that people create themselves in Excel for instance. But RPA should not be used as the main reporting tool.

sheel

As per my opinion , you can connect blue prism with DB and write SQL and create HTML reports. To connect with DB and fetch SQL data use OLDEB VBO and also we can write custom code in BP in C# or VB .Finally I can say it depends on business to business requirement

Thanks!