Can not saved Modified Business Object

RobertJ

I imported the new Webservice REST VBO into the studio. Some modifications were made to it so that it would work with a particular REST Service but when I tried to save the changes I received the following error message--

This business object cannot be saved because you do not have permission to execute all linked processes or business objects. Please either remove the affected links or contact your administrator to obtain permission.

I do not understand the permission issue since I am an admin for the database and I am not sure what "linked processes or business objects" the message is referring to. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks.

VLTNSZ

Do you work with Active directory? You should check out there!

if you have the permissions on the base. check that the AD account has permissions .. or that generate some GPO with permission with generic accounts.

RobertJ

Not sure I understand your comment. I don't see where AD has a role in Blue Prism development if I am an admin and developer. The error talks about linked or business processes which are are part of the BP environment.

vijayakumarvka

I imported the new Webservice REST VBO into the studio. Some modifications were made to it so that it would work with a particular REST Service but when I tried to save the changes I received the following error message--

This business object cannot be saved because you do not have permission to execute all linked processes or business objects. Please either remove the affected links or contact your administrator to obtain permission.

I do not understand the permission issue since I am an admin for the database and I am not sure what "linked processes or business objects" the message is referring to. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Whats the version of BluePrism you are using ?

If 6.4 check all the dependent process and objects who has developed and then clone the permission as per the user.

RobertJ

I am using version 6.3.1.7631. How do you "clone the permission as per the user"? This is a Blue Prism supplied VBO that I want to modify.

Thanks for the feed back.

Michael de V

I am using version 6.3.1.7631. How do you "clone the permission as per the user"? This is a Blue Prism supplied VBO that I want to modify.

Thanks for the feed back.
Hi Robert, have you been able to solve this? I'm running into the same problem ....

MichaelJWhite

I recently was presented with the same error message: "This business object cannot be saved because you do not have permission to execute all linked processes or business objects. Please either remove the affected links or contact your administrator to obtain permission."

The reason for this was because I was missing a specific object that was being called within the business object I was trying to save. I identified the missing object by selecting 'dependencies' at the top of the object panel. I Imported the missing object and was able to save any changes I made. I am not sure this is related to your issue but hopefully it helps.

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    11.1 KB · Views: 115

sreevanirpa

Hi.... I have faced the same issue, this is due to some dependent objects are missing and make sure all dependent objects should be available or delete that particular stage if not needed. Then try to save the Object/Process

Steve

Hi everyone!.
A possible cause of why BluePrism shows that message is because it has some actions that call objects that are not in the "Studio" tab. It is a frequent problem when importing a release. Review the actions you have.