Cannot spy menu item to extract report in ServiceNow

Ap0letz

I was trying to export a report from ServiceNow. I tried to spy the button beside the column name so I can spy/click export and then Excel (.xlsx). I tried to use HTML with the action Click Centre as well as select item but it is not working. I also tried using accessibility mode but when I run it, it closes the Blue prism program. Anyone who can help me on this?

Please see attached picture for reference.

Attachments

• service now report.png
    4.5 KB · Views: 19

VJR

Hi Ap0letz,

There are a few posts on the forum where folks have reported that they are unable to spy in ServiceNow.
One of the links is this where some posts say that it can done if opened through Chrome and another option is through Global Sendkeys, so you might want to try either of them.

Ap0letz

Hi VJ,

I was able to check on those but it seems that my scenario is different. I tried in Chrome and it is not working. I also tried the global sendkeys but also not working. I also tried the Accessibility but BP keeps on crashing. BP does not perform the click and press so the menu won't show up.

VJR

Hi VJ,

I was able to check on those but it seems that my scenario is different. I tried in Chrome and it is not working. I also tried the global sendkeys but also not working. I also tried the Accessibility but BP keeps on crashing. BP does not perform the click and press so the menu won't show up.
Alright. Also do try GSK Events if tried with GSK. In either of these events it is necessary to have the focus on the correct area on the screen where the corresponding key needs to be triggered. So something to be done on a trial and error basis. Also what is the key you are sending via the GSK you tried?