Can't open CSV properly

osman.deveci

Hi all,

We have a small problem opening a csv file.

When we open the CSV manually:

1515405334293.jpg

When we open the csv trough BP:

1515405357667.jpg

Does anyone have an idea how we can fix this?

We tried to change the regional settings, but could not manage to fix it.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Osman

Im having a similar problem, i think is because BP has as the default separator for CSV files the "," not the ";" because when i change all my ";" to "," manually BP read properly my file. Im trying to fix this right now too, so im looking forward to this post also.

hrvoje83

hmm pretty strange because there are not delimiter signs, only spaces.. maybe you should save your csv as a "CSV Comma delimited" and then try with BP

adebroise

RPA Ninja
Staff member
@osman.deveci it seems the file you've uploaded is a tab delimited text file not a CSV (comma separated value) file.

You'll need to parse the file using the tab delimiter.

tgundhus

Hello.

This is a general issue with the CSV parser out there today. Not CSV files have data which is possible to delimit using comma.

I've created a new version of collections manipulation, which include CSV 2 collection and the other way around with a custom delimiter.

Send me an email if you would like a copy. It's also much faster than the original and widely used.

sanjeet.kumar

Hello Friends,
I have had the same issue.. but in the previous version (v5). There I did not find any place where I can put 'custom' delimiters.
Does anyone know how we can put custom delimiters thru BP in v6.0 (i.e. without programming) .. Thanks in advance.

Eric Allebroeck

Hello.

This is a general issue with the CSV parser out there today. Not CSV files have data which is possible to delimit using comma.

I've created a new version of collections manipulation, which include CSV 2 collection and the other way around with a custom delimiter.

Send me an email if you would like a copy. It's also much faster than the original and widely used.
Hello Tgundhus,

I've just read your reply about your new version of collections manipulation which include CSV 2 collection and I'm interested by a copy.
I use the version 5 of BP.
Additional information, in the CSV file the separator is ; but a coma is already in the specific amount (e.a. 1st line the amount is 7.993,14)

Dossier;Provision facturée;Montant trf. (62.01, 68.01);Recettes (20.01);Section;Code dom.;
867;7.993,14;5.736,06;2.211,95;USVBLA ;0;
11134;6.199,88;5.226,55;766,85;USAMID ;0;
12829;3.334,97;2.346,84;987,13;USWZWI ;0;
12989;2.457,07;2.291,72;164,51;USFERK ;0;
13226;4.068,50;1.968,31;737,47;USVBLA ;0;
13976;2.056,91;679,31;-167,74;USPLKL ;0;
14975;4.154,70;0;1.244,00;USEBOA ;0;
15173;12.632,89;9.579,44;3.053,44;USMVDW ;0;
16404;3.603,60;0;421,77;USMVDW ;0;

Many thanks in advance for your reply.
Kind regards,
Eric

Last edited:

tgundhus

Hello Friends,
I have had the same issue.. but in the previous version (v5). There I did not find any place where I can put 'custom' delimiters.
Does anyone know how we can put custom delimiters thru BP in v6.0 (i.e. without programming) .. Thanks in advance.

Hi.
If your CSV data includes comma it's a bit of a hassle to get it working.
If not, you can simple use the replace function to change your separator.

For those who have tested my script, please let me know if there is any issues or if there is any functionality you feel are missing.
Thank you.

Eric Allebroeck

Hi.
If your CSV data includes comma it's a bit of a hassle to get it working.
If not, you can simple use the replace function to change your separator.

For those who have tested my script, please let me know if there is any issues or if there is any functionality you feel are missing.
Thank you.

Hello Tobias,
Many thanks for the TG.Collection that I've saved the xml file and imported in BP as a Business Object.
I've completed the information requested to runs it in Object Studio but it seems doesn't work (see below print screen for info).
1516370404472.png 1516370598032.png
The second print screen is a new Page added to the Object TG.Collection.
The Collection stay empty.

I can't add any other files (BP release, CSV file or XML file).
Many thanks for your reply.
Kind regards,
Eric

tgundhus

Hello Tobias,
Many thanks for the TG.Collection that I've saved the xml file and imported in BP as a Business Object.
I've completed the information requested to runs it in Object Studio but it seems doesn't work (see below print screen for info).
View attachment 78 View attachment 79
The second print screen is a new Page added to the Object TG.Collection.
The Collection stay empty.

I can't add any other files (BP release, CSV file or XML file).
Many thanks for your reply.
Kind regards,
Eric
HI, the version you is a limited version which requires you to use first read content of the CSV into a string (should be documented). Of course its faster to do it all in one action, so if you would like the extended version I'll send it to you when I get home. /TG

Eric Allebroeck

HI, the version you is a limited version which requires you to use first read content of the CSV into a string (should be documented). Of course its faster to do it all in one action, so if you would like the extended version I'll send it to you when I get home. /TG

Hello Tgundhus,

Thanks for your reply.
As proposed could you send me the extended version of TG.Collections
Regards,
Eric