Solved Change of URL in Application Modeler

Rhys_m_jones

Hi,

I am wanting to start building a Business Object under a URL that is currently an IP address. However, I know the URL will change from an IP address to a normal URL. If the structure of the site is not changing, will amending the Application Modeler to the new URL affect any of the spied objects?

Thanks in advance!

anisjolly

Administrator
Hi @Rhys_m_jones

The URL change itself shouldn't have an effect on the interaction with the spied objects. However, you'll need to take a look the existing elements in that object and their attributes to make sure your Parent URL (or a similar attribute) consists of the right Value.

This particular attribute could break your code if it isn't updated in line with your changes.

AppModeller-440.jpg

You may also want to look through your object to make sure the old URL isn't hard coded in any of the stages / pages as this can sometimes confuse you a little bit when your object doesn't work as expected.

Lastly, I hope you don't mind me removing the poll as the question you're asking can have a few different answers than a simple Yes / No :)

Hope this helps.

Rhys_m_jones

Thanks a lot for your reply. That is what we were expecting to hear back to be honest, we'd be using the Active Accessibility to spy out anyway so the URL shouldn't occur in any of the elements.

Apologies for the poll, just wanted to see what it looked like!

peeletidevendra

Hi @Rhys_m_jones

The URL change itself shouldn't have an effect on the interaction with the spied objects. However, you'll need to take a look the existing elements in that object and their attributes to make sure your Parent URL (or a similar attribute) consists of the right Value.

This particular attribute could break your code if it isn't updated in line with your changes.

View attachment 8

You may also want to look through your object to make sure the old URL isn't hard coded in any of the stages / pages as this can sometimes confuse you a little bit when your object doesn't work as expected.
Hi @Rhys_m_jones

View attachment 8

Lastly, I hope you don't mind me removing the poll as the question you're asking can have a few different answers than a simple Yes / No :)

Hope this helps.

Hope this helps.

Hi Anisjolly,

What are attributes to check after spying HTML element for standard development purpose.
bec. in some of the cases elements are not working day after day,ad also getting error like "NO element matching
the supply query term"