Collection contains field error

Mwacuka

Hi all, I am facing issues with the BP Business Object: Utilities- Collection Manipulation, Collection Contains Field

I have filtered a collectioan and I would like to find a specific field in the collection (See attached collection), but when I search for the collection, the function Collection Contains Field returns false, even though the field exists in the collection (see Find field).

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Attachments

• Collection.png
    11.2 KB · Views: 29
  • Find field.png
    17.7 KB · Views: 25

VJR

Hi all, I am facing issues with the BP Business Object: Utilities- Collection Manipulation, Collection Contains Field

I have filtered a collectioan and I would like to find a specific field in the collection (See attached collection), but when I search for the collection, the function Collection Contains Field returns false, even though the field exists in the collection (see Find field).

Does anyone know how to solve this?
In collection-png is there an extra space after the word AMOUNT?

VJR

Hi Mwacuka,

For some reason I see more gap after the T of AMOUNT than after the E of DATE. Maybe its just appearing that way in the screenshot.
But if the action is not returning a True then it definitely means there is a mismatch between the actual collection column and the parameter passed to the action. If not space check by clicking inside the column field for any other invisible characters like newline, carriage return, line feed, tab, etc.

Mwacuka

Hi VJR,

I also see an extra gap after the T, I have tried various combination of the word "FIN-TRANSACTION AMOUNT" such as "FIN-TRANSACTION AMOUNT ", "FIN-TRANSACTION AMOUNT " but none seem to work.

Is there a way to search for the term using a wildcard?

VJR

Hi VJR,

I also see an extra gap after the T, I have tried various combination of the word "FIN-TRANSACTION AMOUNT" such as "FIN-TRANSACTION AMOUNT ", "FIN-TRANSACTION AMOUNT " but none seem to work.

Is there a way to search for the term using a wildcard?
Hi Mwacuka,

You should not be making any changes to the parameter passed from the action. It should remain as "....AMOUNT".
- Double click to open the collection properties
- Place your cursor at the end of the column heading that is causing the problem.
Here I have placed next to A and in spite of moving the right arrow key it doesn't move indicating that there is no character beyond 'A'. If you find any then delete those.

View attachment 1535659308884.png

Your last resort would be to totally delete the collection (not just the fields) and create a fresh new one.

Mwacuka

Hi VJR

Thank you for your prompt response.

I am creating the collection automatically, using MS Excel VBO action Get Worksheet as collection, and thus I do not have any clickable fields in collection properties, see attached png.

Attachments

• Collection properties.png
    11.6 KB · Views: 9

Mwacuka

Hi VJR

Quick update, appears the problem is that there was a space before the letter F and an extra space after the T.

Thank you very much for your help.

The issue has been resolved.