Connect to Oracle Data Base

Abhinav

Hi Folks,

Is anyone assist me how to connect with Oracle Data base 11 G . If we have database server information , it is possible to provide directly a connection string in BluePrism VBO so that we can connect successfully without installing any Oracle software (like ODAC).

In case its mandatory to install ODAC , could you please assist what all are the steps to set up the connection .

Thanks

VJR

Hi Folks,

Is anyone assist me how to connect with Oracle Data base 11 G . If we have database server information , it is possible to provide directly a connection string in BluePrism VBO so that we can connect successfully without installing any Oracle software (like ODAC).

In case its mandatory to install ODAC , could you please assist what all are the steps to set up the connection .

Thanks
Hi Abhinav,

This link should be able to help you in achieving the same for Oracle 11g via Blue Prism.
It also has the information on where to find the ODAC downloads but for the installation instructions you can do a websearch and get the same.

Hi Abhinav,

This link should be able to help you in achieving the same for Oracle 11g via Blue Prism.
It also has the information on where to find the ODAC downloads but for the installation instructions you can do a websearch and get the same.
Hello, even if i do the same logique i recieve this error msg " The ConnectionString property has not been initialized."!!
any idea about this problem ?!

Could be something to do with your connection string. Can you validate your connection string? If you need assistance post your connection string here.
should i already have oracle database installed on my devise ?,,, because when i tried to istalled ,,,it doesn't unstall successfuly !

sivagelli

Connection string is what is going in the below -

oracle-settings-for-data---oledb-object.JPG

Can you share screenshots of 'set connection' with expression evaluated? Also, do you have ODAC installed on your machine?

sivagelli

Lets take a step back, were able to use the same connection string and connect to the Database using any Oracle client?

I guess the connection string is not right here.

sivagelli

Are you using the same connection string taken from SQL Developer to BP? The error clearly says there is problem with credentials.

Are you using the same connection string taken from SQL Developer to BP? The error clearly says there is problem with credentials.

i use this cnx String : Data Source=(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=hostname)(PORT=port))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=name)));User Id=username;Password=pass;

sivagelli

Add Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle; to the above cnx string and give a try.

Like this-
Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle;Data Source=(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=hostname)(PORT=port))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=name)));User Id=username;Password=pass;

Add Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle; to the above cnx string and give a try.

Like this-
Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle;Data Source=(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=hostname)(PORT=port))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=name)));User Id=username;Password=pass;
i am working with UtilityDB VBO and it doesn't need the Provider attribute !