Copy column of a collection into the data item

sumit

Hi All I am new for the Blue Prism and I want to store one column of the collection into the data item can anyone suggest on this

VJR

Hi sumit,

Name: MyCollection

Col1| Col2| Col3
A B C
D E F
G H I

If you meant to store the data of any one row of a column (eg; F) into a data item then the below can be done.

- Use a Loop stage to loop through the collection
- Not sure what way you have to identify where your desired row is.
You can keep a counter if you know your desired data is on row No 2. Increment the counter using a Calc stage within the loop.
When the counter reaches row No 2. then use a Calc stage with expression as [MyCollection.Col3]
and in the 'Store In' field at the right hand side give the name of the data item in which you want to store this collection value.

sumit

Hi sumit,

Name: MyCollection

Col1| Col2| Col3
A B C
D E F
G H I

If you meant to store the data of any one row of a column (eg; F) into a data item then the below can be done.

- Use a Loop stage to loop through the collection
- Not sure what way you have to identify where your desired row is.
You can keep a counter if you know your desired data is on row No 2. Increment the counter using a Calc stage within the loop.
When the counter reaches row No 2. then use a Calc stage with expression as [MyCollection.Col3]
and in the 'Store In' field at the right hand side give the name of the data item in which you want to store this collection value.
Thanks VJ its working

Reactions: VJR