Copy data from collection to excel

AshutoshMahale

Hi,

Is there any time efficient way to write collection data into excel? I have some 5000 rows and 25 columns to be copied. (I have already used write collection action & data insert through oledb, former one is taking too much time & in latter one process is abruptly ending giving an error "trying to paste or insert too much data")

TIA!

Sukesh Kumaru

Hello,
As you said there are 5000 rows in collection, it should not bother you, but however split those into 2 or 3 collections and then write to excel serially, it should be done in a faster manner.

Good Luck.

AshutoshMahale

Hi @Sukesh Kumaru,

The data is getting inserted 1 row at a time when I do show workbook action due to its huge content in each cell (large texts), so even if I split the collection it would continue the same thing.

Sukesh Kumaru

Hello,
The data should be written in one go in excel file.

Tell me the action stages you followed.

So, that I can trace it out.

AshutoshMahale

Hi,

These are the required images. Can't post the collection data as its confidential. But the contents include total 22 of text, number & datetime columns with approximately 5000 rows.

Also I tried it with the original MS Excel VBO & modified Excel VBO as well, both are giving same result.

Attachments

• Process.JPG
    14.4 KB · Views: 104
  • write coll.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 103

lakshmis

Could anyone please help while using oledb how to copy whole collection data in one go to excel sheet other than using MS Excel VBO

Pete_L

5000 rows should not cause a problem when writing a collection to Excel using the Excel VBO or OLEDB. There may be memory issues on your bot. Please check with your database admin to see if more memory can be allocated to the bot in question. This is of particular concern if you are running your Runtime Resources (bots) in a virtual configuration. In this scenario, each virtual Runtime Resource is given a portion of the server's memory, and that allocation might need to be adjusted.