Create documentation for your robots, processes and objects.

Thomas_W

Within my RPA team (BluePrism) we were discussing creation of a catalog of our robots, processes and objects.

The primary goal is to prevent us from doing work twice, for example we've created multiple objects that perform the same task because we have no oversight of the myriad of objects already created. Does anyone have tips or experience in how to approach this? How do you manage your processes and objects, especially in a multiple person team.

We would like to create a catalog so to speak which should help us find whether we already have an object for a specific task. So we should be able to include and look for things like keywords, tags, names etc. and be able to include a description, possibly a screenshot and input and output when creating documentation for each object.

I have been searching for methods to do this, however I cannot seem to find the right search terms (reference manual, library, software catalog etc. etc. both in google and this forum). Any tips would be greatly appreciated!