CyberArk Integration

AshutoshMahale

Hi, Did anybody use CyberArk Integration in Blue Prism or know what its basic purpose is?

PS: I have gone through the installation guide on the portal, but its not quite sufficient to answer my question.

VJR

@Sukesh Kumaru @VJR Can you please provide any info?
Hi AshutoshMahale,

Did anybody use CyberArk Integration in Blue Prism
No buddy, I haven't used it anytime.

or know what its basic purpose is?
I just looked up this information and it says that CyberArk is to provide secure and managed credentials to implement processes by Blue Prism robots...something like a Password Vault.

I haven't used it so can't tell you much. But have you got a chance to install this tool and interact with it using Blue Prism?

AshutoshMahale

@Sukesh Kumaru Its a Java based banking web app.

@VJR I am trying to find out the difference between the internal credentials manager using encryption scheme & the CyberArk Integration with BP. Which one is more efficient & secure? I have to implement it with an app where many user credentials will be handled within it.

Last edited:

Neeraj

Hi
Cyber arc is a kind web services from which you get some kind of value when pass a parameter predefined in web services in cyberarc.
We use this because they have better encyption schemes as compared to others.

VJR

@Sukesh Kumaru Its a Java based banking web app.

@VJR I am trying to find out the difference between the internal credentials manager using encryption scheme & the CyberArk Integration with BP. Which one is more efficient & secure? I have to implement it with an app where many user credentials will be handled within it.

Which one is more efficient & secure?
Since CyberArk is especially designed for Credentials management and security it may have more benefits over Blue Prism which is not a security management tool.
Moreover Blue Prism has allowed integration of its tool with CyberArk in the version 6 means there must be definitely something about it to go for.
https://www.cyberark.com/blog/power-potential-robotic-process-automation-security-risks/