Drop down in Blue Prism

Sukesh Kumaru

Hi Patnaik14,

As you didn't mentioned it for which type of application you want to automate, am explaining it for windows application,
spy the Element and Choose "READ" stage and in that choose Data as "Get All Items" and store in a Collection. All the Drop down values will be stored in collection.

Hope i solved your doubt.
Like it.

Thanks,
Sukesh Kumaru.

assuming you want to select a drop down from an HTML element (browser)..below are the steps -
1) spy the element using HTML mode. you would get the Element type as HTML Combo Box.
2) Use navigate stage and supply the value of the drop down in "Item Value" to select the appropriate drop down value.

See the screen shots.

Attachments

• HTML Combo box.png
    HTML Combo box.png
    39.9 KB · Views: 1,652
  • Navigate Stage.png
    Navigate Stage.png
    31.8 KB · Views: 1,647

Patnaik14

Hi Patnaik14,

As you didn't mentioned it for which type of application you want to automate, am explaining it for windows application,
spy the Element and Choose "READ" stage and in that choose Data as "Get All Items" and store in a Collection. All the Drop down values will be stored in collection.

Hope i solved your doubt.
Like it.

Thanks,
Sukesh Kumaru.

Hi Sukesh,

Thanks for the response.
Yes I am working on Windows application. I did as you told, but the collection created is empty.
Please advise...

Patnaik14

assuming you want to select a drop down from an HTML element (browser)..below are the steps -
1) spy the element using HTML mode. you would get the Element type as HTML Combo Box.
2) Use navigate stage and supply the value of the drop down in "Item Value" to select the appropriate drop down value.

See the screen shots.

Hi,

I am working on a Windows Application.
Anyway thank you, it will help for Web based application.

Hi Patnaik,

You can use "Select Item" action in the navigate stage to select drop down values and you can specify the item text or position in the inputs section of navigate stage.

Sukesh Kumaru

Hi Patnaik,
For your understanding PFA of Getting all the drop down values into a collection.

Regards,
Sukesh.

Attachments

• 11.png
    11.png
    20 KB · Views: 871
  • 22.JPG
    22.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 904

Sanglef4

See the screen shots.
from web application I want to get all values of drop down in collection. and not selecting drop down value. then how to do that

Hi All, it always depends on the application(Web/Windows). You may get all items in collection or may not also.
You can click on the drop-down and directly pass the value(Which one you want to select from Drop-down) using Global send keys........
Otherwise if you know the position of the value then use Global send keys to up or down to that position then Enter

So it depends upon then application and how you are adjusting

Nijay

See the screen shots.

I tried this but the app modeler is not able to spy the drop down using HTML mode..please advise

See the screen shots.

This worked for me. Thank you!

kamalcweet

Hi,
How to select an item from a drop down list in web application(Browser mode) Blue Prism. I have 2 drop down box select 1st one then only 2nd one load. Manually it will load correctly. But in automation if i select 1st one 2nd not load.
I have read the list item and stored in collection after navigate stage i choose (select list item action) and give input from collection. please advice.
Thank you

Attachments

• Dropdown.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 219

yawak

Are the list items in the 2nd drop down dependent on the selected item of the 1st drop down? You might need a wait stage for browser to load up the right items in 2nd drop down.
Or you could be passing the wrong value into the 2nd drop down. Did you use Collection.Item as input value?