Duplicate records in a queue ?

Kamal

Hi All

How to handle duplicate records in a queue ?
1. Can we handle a queue like it should not allow adding duplicate record in a queue?
2. If any duplicate records exist in the queue then how can the bot identify the same and ignore the record ?

Pete_L

When you create the queue, you enter a key field. That field should contain unique values, and you will not have a problem with duplicates.

Kamal

When you create the queue, you enter a key field. That field should contain unique values, and you will not have a problem with duplicates.
So you are saying that if we have an excel sheet and if there is a duplicate value in a column (which is our key field) then when the queue will be loaded using Add To Queue then when the duplicate row gets added automatically queue will recognise and it won't allow to enter ?

Pete_L

Yes, that is what I learned in my training, although I have not personally tried to load a duplicate record.

sahil_raina_91

@Kamal and @Pete_L Unfortunately that's not how it functions.
The key field in Work Queue can definitely contain duplicate values.
There is no internal check within Blueprism to avoid Duplicate Queue Items.

It can be achieved via 2 methods:
1. The collection being inserted in the ADD TO QUEUE action should contain unique values (Use Remove Duplicates from Collection VBO to obtain unique rows in collection)
2. Before inserting a record in Queue, use action "Is Item in Queue" from Work Queue VBO. It lets you compare the key on new item with all the existing items in the queue. Based on the output (True/False), decide whether to insert the record or not.