Dynamic path issues

Hi All

This is my path. The value highlighted keeps changing hence I made my element dynamic and passing the value from a data item. Data1 is a number data type

Actual Path
/
HTML/BODY(1)/FORM(1)/DIV(4)/TABLE(1)/TBODY(1)/TR(2)/TD(2)/DIV(1)/IFRAME(1)/HTML/BODY(1)/FORM(1)/DIV(5)/DIV(1)/DIV(2)..

Dynamic Path
/
HTML/BODY(1)/FORM(1)/DIV(4)/TABLE(1)/TBODY(1)/TR(2)/TD(2)/DIV(1)/IFRAME(1)/HTML/BODY(1)/FORM(1)/DIV("&[Data1]&")/DIV(1)/DIV(2)..

Issue it gives a error

Your expression does not appear to be valid:
Data items must be between [ and ]. Text must be between " and ". Functions should be in the form FunctionName().

Any suggestions in for the correct syntax

mundhir123

Hi All

This is my path. The value highlighted keeps changing hence I made my element dynamic and passing the value from a data item. Data1 is a number data type

Actual Path
/
HTML/BODY(1)/FORM(1)/DIV(4)/TABLE(1)/TBODY(1)/TR(2)/TD(2)/DIV(1)/IFRAME(1)/HTML/BODY(1)/FORM(1)/DIV(5)/DIV(1)/DIV(2)..

Dynamic Path
/
HTML/BODY(1)/FORM(1)/DIV(4)/TABLE(1)/TBODY(1)/TR(2)/TD(2)/DIV(1)/IFRAME(1)/HTML/BODY(1)/FORM(1)/DIV("&[Data1]&")/DIV(1)/DIV(2)..

Issue it gives a error

Your expression does not appear to be valid:
Data items must be between [ and ]. Text must be between " and ". Functions should be in the form FunctionName().

Any suggestions in for the correct syntax

Hi @Chakravarthy GRK,

Have you given a double quote at the beginning of this /HTML code line?
If not, could you try and let us know.

Hi @Chakravarthy GRK ,

Please use below format, Use this one in calculation stage and store it in a data item and then pass the data item.

Dynamic Path
"/
HTML/BODY(1)/FORM(1)/DIV(4)/TABLE(1)/TBODY(1)/TR(2)/TD(2)/DIV(1)/IFRAME(1)/HTML/BODY(1)/FORM(1)/DIV("&[Data1]&")/DIV(1)/DIV(2).."

parul

Hi @Chakravarthy GRK ,

Please use below format, Use this one in calculation stage and store it in a data item and then pass the data item.

Dynamic Path
"/
HTML/BODY(1)/FORM(1)/DIV(4)/TABLE(1)/TBODY(1)/TR(2)/TD(2)/DIV(1)/IFRAME(1)/HTML/BODY(1)/FORM(1)/DIV("&[Data1]&")/DIV(1)/DIV(2).."
wanted to increment the value of Data1 and unable to save the value as data type is text only

wanted to increment the value of Data1 and unable to save the value as data type is text only
Create a new variable with data type as number and assign the Data 1 to new variable and increment the value then assign back the value to data1.