Dynamically generate filenames using current date & time

lapa

Hi all,

In an SAP automation script I am working on, I need to save files and generate a unique filename using the date and time which they were saved. Does anyone know how to access environmental variables containing current time using Blue Prism? Secondly, I am having trouble concatenating strings in the expression editor and cannot find any documentation about what characters are used to do this.

Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

sivagelli

Does anyone know how to access environmental variables containing current time using Blue Prism?
Create a Data Item on the process or object and choose 'Environment..... ' from exposure drop down. All the available environment variables will be loaded in a drop down for 'name' field. During the run, the value of Environment Variable will be populated. You can use this Data item as any other data item.

Secondly, I am having trouble concatenating strings in the expression editor and cannot find any documentation about what characters are used to do this.
Use '&' to concatenate. Use 'Evaluate Expression' and 'Validate' to check the expressions.
Below the expression editor box, there are Functions listed. Choosing the kind of function you need will show a tip and example on usage.

Post back, how it goes.