Error: Collection

nagabhaskar93

Hi

When i'm trying to get data from excel to collection using Action stage. i'm getting error like this "internal : Collection fields are defined but cannot be matched to the incoming collection - The collection definition does not contain the field Column1".Previously I got data while using "Get worksheet as collection" but now I'm trying to get it. Not able to do. Can someone help

Thank you
Bhaskar

VJR

Hi nagabhaskar93,

You have two options to use the 'Get Wksht as Collection'
i. You need not define the columns in the output collection.
As soon as the 'Get Wksht as Collection' runs, it will take the column names (first row) from the Excel sheet and make them as your Collection column names.

ii. Define the Collection by giving its column names exactly as the same as the header row in the Excel.
When the 'Get Wksht as Collection' runs, it will pull the data from the Excel to the Collection and your column names are already the same.

I suspect you are already giving the column name in the collection but it is different from the Excel in which case it will fail.

Follow either of the above two methods depending on your requirement.

nagabhaskar93

Hi nagabhaskar93,

You have two options to use the 'Get Wksht as Collection'
i. You need not define the columns in the output collection.
As soon as the 'Get Wksht as Collection' runs, it will take the column names (first row) from the Excel sheet and make them as your Collection column names.

ii. Define the Collection by giving its column names exactly as the same as the header row in the Excel.
When the 'Get Wksht as Collection' runs, it will pull the data from the Excel to the Collection and your column names are already the same.

I suspect you are already giving the column name in the collection but it is different from the Excel in which case it will fail.

Follow either of the above two methods depending on your requirement.

Hi VJR,

In action stage, I have define the fields. But those fields is already exists in Excel.

As you provide details, I have used first one . I got data from excel to collection.

Thank you