ERROR: Internal : Unexpected error The handle is invalid since enabling screen capture

jpcrepeau

Hi,

I recently enabled screen capture on all my system exceptions. In some of my business Objects, I have a lot of verifications and every time I go in exception, I recover, detach from mainframe screen and re-throw the exception.

In some business object, instead of going to all the exceptions and enable screen capture, I enabled screen capture on the re-throw.

The BOs were working perfectly, but after I enabled screen capture, I started getting issues.

In my log, I see the process going in the BO, do the check, go into exception.

In the log the stage Name is the Exception box, but the result is not what the exception I coded. Instead, it says "ERROR: Internal : Unexpected error The handle is invalid".

It then goes in recovery, detach and re-throws "ERROR: Internal : Unexpected error The handle is invalid".

I tries to enable screen capture on the exception itself rather than on the preserve, but I am curious to know if you think this change would be related to the error.

I have rebooted my ressource PC and application server since doing the change.

thanks!

Attachments

• re-throw.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 106

jpcrepeau

I think I figured it out. Didn't get to fully test it yet but it seems to point to this.

If the workstation is locked when the process starts, it will not take the screenshot and give the error. If the machine is unlocked before the process starts, it will take the screenshot.

For one of my process I use Login Agent to unlock the machine because I need to do a mouse-click and the screenshots work on this process.

Hope this helps!

Sergey

Hey,

i don't think it's the issue, cause we have Login Agent process before all our process. I managed to re-create the issue once just randomly playing around with a wait stage (where surface automation is used).

Janya

Even I have faced with the same issue and finally resolved it by unchecking the save screen capture option in exception stage.

From my understanding, when ever there is an error/failure in saving the screenshot(may be due to DB size or other constraints) to database we will get this error.

I think I figured it out. Didn't get to fully test it yet but it seems to point to this.

If the workstation is locked when the process starts, it will not take the screenshot and give the error. If the machine is unlocked before the process starts, it will take the screenshot.

For one of my process I use Login Agent to unlock the machine because I need to do a mouse-click and the screenshots work on this process.

Hope this helps!
Yes, even I observed the same thing. Whenever system gets locked it is happening. And Login agent is already enable for these bots. Don't know where excatly it is happening