Excel 2016. Unable to capture fields in Text Import Wizard.

dan

Hi All,

I'm having a hard time to capture fields in my Excel 2016 using object cloning. My colleagues was able to capture the same field. Do i need to uninstall my MS Office. Does it has something to do with the specs of our laptop?

Regards,
Dan

VJR

Hi dan,

What would unable to capture mean - are you getting any error, if yes what does that error say, or nothing is happening at all. Once you provide inputs probably someone who has information on it or has come across this issue would give you some direction.

dan

Hi VJ,

Good Day. I am using Object Cloning and shortcut keys in automating Excel, on part of the automation was Text Import Wizard. Object cloning can't recognize the fields (checkbox, radio button and command button) of the Text Import Wizard. I successfully tried it using my colleagues laptop. I can't replicate it in my own laptop. We have same version of MS Office, AA the only different is the specs of the laptop.

Regards,
Dan

VJR

Hi VJ,

Good Day. I am using Object Cloning and shortcut keys in automating Excel, on part of the automation was Text Import Wizard. Object cloning can't recognize the fields (checkbox, radio button and command button) of the Text Import Wizard. I successfully tried it using my colleagues laptop. I can't replicate it in my own laptop. We have same version of MS Office, AA the only different is the specs of the laptop.

Regards,
Dan
Check for other things that could be different from laptop/machine to laptop/machine like screen resolution etc.
If still not workable then you could communicate with an AA agent right from the tool who could suggest you whats going wrong with it.