Excel Related Issue

Shweta

Hi ,

Can anyone please help me with below issue:

1. I have an excel, which contains some list of email ids in Column B (say, B1, B2,B3).
2. I opened the excel and used show action of MS Excel VBO.
3. Then Get Cell value, in which I gave the reference of B1, B2, B3.

Now, the issue that I am facing is that: Even when I am abruptly closing the excel immd after show action, it does not gives any exception on GetCellValue action.
And the data item, in which I am storing the value of Cell B1, B2, and B3 shows blank.

Can anyone please tell me why it does not throws exception?

Thanks

Hi ,

Can anyone please help me with below issue:

1. I have an excel, which contains some list of email ids in Column B (say, B1, B2,B3).
2. I opened the excel and used show action of MS Excel VBO.
3. Then Get Cell value, in which I gave the reference of B1, B2, B3.

Now, the issue that I am facing is that: Even when I am abruptly closing the excel immd after show action, it does not gives any exception on GetCellValue action.
And the data item, in which I am storing the value of Cell B1, B2, and B3 shows blank.

Can anyone please tell me why it does not throws exception?

Thanks
If you look into the Get Cell Value action, you will see a code stage. The Code has the following lines:
Dim cellVal as String = GetInstance(handle).ActiveCell.Value
value = IIf(cellVal Is Nothing, "", cellVal)

Are you closing the instance of Excel when you close it?

Shweta

No, I am closing the excel manually, just before it goes to "Get Cell Value" action.

Instead of keeping the data item as blank, i think it should throw some exception. Can you please advise me, if I am wrong.

VJR

Hi Shweta,

Is there any specific reason you are interrupting it manually which is not the main intention of an RPA application.
If you are testing something and had to stop it in between then you need not bother much about what happens when done manually and post back if it is causing any issues during the automated run.