Excel Slowness caused by Automation

nebraskyle

Hello!

I have developed an automation that opens and updates several spreadsheets daily. Lately we've been noticing an issue where spreadsheets that are being prepared by the automation take a very long time to open after the automation has ran.

I have an action that is copy and pasting a new tab in the spreadsheet from the prior day each time it runs, not sure if that could be the problem but I noticed the issue after I updated the code so that it doesn't delete attachments. So it copies all content from the tab and pastes it into new tab.

They are small files so I don't know how the automation could be causing this issue but so far we only experience this on spreadsheets updated by the bot. Has anyone experienced this before and is there a solution?

Thanks!
Kyle

Pete_L

I have not seen this issue, but it seems to me that it is more likely an Excel issue than a BP issue. There are a couple of things you might want to check:
Do the worksheets contain data from an external Data Connection? If so, is the worksheet set up to refresh the external data every time it is opened? Does your Runtime Resource's (i.e., the bot) user ID have the proper access to the external data source?

You mentioned attachments, but didn't provide any details. Are there attached/embedded documents in the worksheet tab you're copying? If so, that will increase the size of the workbook greatly.