Extract the Excel Data which is in color

Narsareddyy

Hi, i recently came across this question.

Can we extract the excel data which is in particular color (eg., Red, Yellow, Etc).
I tried using the General way which is Get WS as Collection. but we get the complete data.

We need to filter out the excel data before coming into collection itself.

Possible answers are welcomed here.

cs.andras

Hi,
I have given this answer before to other questions: if you are able to write some code in VB, you might be able to modify (make a copy first) the MS Excel VBO to implement a filter there.
Also note: if you are using Conditional Formatting in Excel and would attempt to filter that, it might work a bit differently than normal background-colour filtering.
In case you are not able to modify the VBO, I could recommend a manually created loop with an index data variable, this loop should look for data in the next line and if there is, it could add a collection row depending on what colour is the background of the given cell you're currently looking at. Note that this is the slower solution.

anisjolly

Administrator
I'd do it just like @cs.andras has described. You'd need an action which tries to match the cell / text colour before you attempt to extract it. Unfortunately, there isn't anything out of the box to do this so you'll have to create a custom object.