Facing issue with Word VBO in Blue Prism

Shrutiseth810

Hi All,

I have a template document(EmployeeDetails_Template.docx) with highlighted texts. I have to replace these texts with values from a EmployeeCollection and save the word document by giving Employee ID and Employee Name as file name(EmployeeDetails_4321John.docx). I am able to replace these values using "Replace Highlighted Text" action. But i am facing 2 issues:

1) Values being replaced are also getting highlighted. New values shouldn't be highlighted as the new file needs to be sent view postal services.
2) I am not able to save the file after replacing texts

Please help.
Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

• EmployeeDetails_Template.JPG
    EmployeeDetails_Template.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 148
  • EmployeeDetails_4321John.JPG
    EmployeeDetails_4321John.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 138

Sukesh Kumaru

Hi All,

I have a template document(EmployeeDetails_Template.docx) with highlighted texts. I have to replace these texts with values from a EmployeeCollection and save the word document by giving Employee ID and Employee Name as file name(EmployeeDetails_4321John.docx). I am able to replace these values using "Replace Highlighted Text" action. But i am facing 2 issues:

1) Values being replaced are also getting highlighted. New values shouldn't be highlighted as the new file needs to be sent view postal services.
2) I am not able to save the file after replacing texts

Please help.
Thanks in advance!!

@Shrutiseth810 can you please share the process flow diagram...

VJR

Hi Shruti,

1) During the replacement provide the 'new highlight' parameter as 0 which indicates no highlighting.
1527663164495.png

2) Can you elaborate more about 'not being able to save the file' means. Does it throw any error or what exactly is happening.

Do a SaveAs and provide the File Name expression as below

1527663289397.png

1527663343011.png

In this case [EmpID] and [EmpName] are data items but in your case they will come from the EmployeeCollection.
As per the path mentioned in the above expression it saves the file in C:\ with the specified parameters.
1527663425217.png

Anjaneyareddy

Hii Shrutiseth810

Could you please tell me how you replace your text by using replace highlighted text. and How you (EmployeeAddress and Employee Name) These two Details modified. it wil help my project

can u share u r process screenshots..
Thanks