Getting Error message

Aparna

Hi,

when I am trying to save process or Object I am getting below error how to resolve this error.
Warning: Audit Recording failed with error: An error occurred while writing an audit record: Could not allocate space for object 'dbo.BPAAuditEvents'.'INDEX_BPAAuditEvents_eventdatetime' in database 'BP-Test01' because the 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full. Create disk space by deleting unneeded files, dropping objects in the filegroup, adding additional files to the filegroup, or setting autogrowth on for existing files in the filegroup.

Thanks in Advance

VJR

the 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full. Create disk space by deleting unneeded files, dropping objects in the filegroup, adding additional files to the filegroup, or setting autogrowth on for existing files in the filegroup.
Hi Aparna,

The above error message is not directly pertaining to Blue Prism. The Blue Prism tool while accessing the SQL server database encountered this error and hence is showing up as an Error Handler message.
Simply do a web search on this error and you will find lots of them stating the reason and how to solve it.
As an example take a look at the below link-
https://tgrignon.wordpress.com/2008/04/08/sql-server-2005-file-sizes-and-filegrowth/
You can run the second query and see where your database stands in terms of how much file size if permitted and the first query after putting your db and table names correctly is used to alter the size limit. I recommend that someone who has db knowledge to take a look at these changes.

jreddy

Hi Aparna,

I had the same error. Currently I have Blue Prism running locally on my machine for learning purposes and use MS SQL Server 2017 Community Edition. My problem was, that the database I was using reached a maximum size for Community Edition (around 10GB, have no idea what it was saving there...o_O). Thus my solution was simply to create a new database.

Hope it will help or at least lead you in the right direction :)

Aparna

Hi Aparna,

I had the same error. Currently I have Blue Prism running locally on my machine for learning purposes and use MS SQL Server 2017 Community Edition. My problem was, that the database I was using reached a maximum size for Community Edition (around 10GB, have no idea what it was saving there...o_O). Thus my solution was simply to create a new database.

Hope it will help or at least lead you in the right direction :)

Hi Jreddy,
Thanks for the reply, sorry for asking I don't have any idea about creating a new database.
Please guide me how to do it.

jreddy

Hi @Aparna

How did you set up your Blue Prism then? As I said, I'm using MS SQL Server 2017 Community Edition running on my local machine, if you have some kind of dedicated BP-server, you might not be able to modify databases on it and will have to contact the server administrator.

Anywas, here's how you can create a new database (also see screenshots):
  1. In Login Window click on configure under your connection name
  2. Enter new connection and database names
  3. Click on "Create Database", then "OK"
  4. That's it, now you can use your new connection with new clean database (meaning you will have to import again all the files you used for work before).
Try it out, hope it helps.

Attachments

• BP1.png
    12 KB · Views: 105
  • BP2.jpg
    672.9 KB · Views: 95
  • BP3.png
    15 KB · Views: 91

Aparna

Hi @Aparna

How did you set up your Blue Prism then? As I said, I'm using MS SQL Server 2017 Community Edition running on my local machine, if you have some kind of dedicated BP-server, you might not be able to modify databases on it and will have to contact the server administrator.

Anywas, here's how you can create a new database (also see screenshots):
  1. In Login Window click on configure under your connection name
  2. Enter new connection and database names
  3. Click on "Create Database", then "OK"
  4. That's it, now you can use your new connection with new clean database (meaning you will have to import again all the files you used for work before).
Try it out, hope it helps.

Hi jreddy,
Thanks for the reply.
I didn't set up blue prism, for that we have separate team.

RobertJ

The problem with creating a new database to circumvent the Community version size restriction is that you then lose direct access to previous work and you may need to re-import processes and business objects that are needed. When you export a process the XML files are not that large so what is taking up all of the space? Most likely old saved copies of your processes and perhaps log files.etc... but it is not easy to see where the space is being used. If you look at the tables in the database, most are almost empty with with over 100 tables used by the system, just poking around I could not locate any large ones. Perhaps someone knows how to clean out or compact the database?

Aparna

The problem with creating a new database to circumvent the Community version size restriction is that you then lose direct access to previous work and you may need to re-import processes and business objects that are needed. When you export a process the XML files are not that large so what is taking up all of the space? Most likely old saved copies of your processes and perhaps log files.etc... but it is not easy to see where the space is being used. If you look at the tables in the database, most are almost empty with with over 100 tables used by the system, just poking around I could not locate any large ones. Perhaps someone knows how to clean out or compact the database?
Thank you Robert...

Atukuri

Hi Aparna,

The route cause and fix already mentioned in error message. i.e 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full on Database instance. Your Database team need to purge unneeded files. First, ask them which tables consuming more data on database.

You can remove any logs which are above 30days.
Below is the implementation steps:

1. Connect to DB server
  2. Take back up
  3. Open a new query window and execute the following:

<Your DB instance name> DB cleanup

USE <Your DB instance name>

DELETE FROM BPASessionLog_NonUnicode
WHERE DATEDIFF(DAY, enddatetime, GETDATE()) > 30
GO

DELETE FROM BPAAuditEvents
WHERE DATEDIFF(DAY, enddatetime, GETDATE()) > 30
GO

By executing above query we're removing Session logs and Audit logs which are above 30days.

Hope this helps!