Solved Getting Specific Column from one Collection to another Collection

Hi,

I've a collection with multiple columns and multiple rows. I need all rows data of the first column into another collection.

For instance a collection having fields Name, Age, Company. I need the complete name column into another collection.

You can use action "Append rows to collection" in Utility - Collection Manipulation.

Hi Shweta,

Thanks for the response.

When we use Append Rows all the columns will be added from First collection to the second whereas I need the data as the following way

PFA for data. When I read the excel and get that data as a collection I'll get Data as Complete Data.jpg, now I want to get only Names column into a seperate Collection which will look like Single Column.jpg.

Attachments

• Complete Data.JPG
    15 KB · Views: 112
  • Single Coulmn.JPG
    10.5 KB · Views: 106

Manikanta

Hi,

I've a collection with multiple columns and multiple rows. I need all rows data of the first column into another collection.

For instance a collection having fields Name, Age, Company. I need the complete name column into another collection.
Hey @Babjee Vangipurapu
go for get collection and filter that collection with "collection name.column name" data then u can get ur data

Hey @Babjee Vangipurapu
go for get collection and filter that collection with "collection name.column name" data then u can get ur data

Hi Manikanta,

Thanks for the reply.

I've tried filtering by "CollectionName.ColumnName" but this is giving me an error. Following is ht error:
Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Syntax error: Missing operand after 'Request' operator. This is the error I'm getting.

Manikanta

Hi Manikanta,

Thanks for the reply.

I've tried filtering by "CollectionName.ColumnName" but this is giving me an error. Following is ht error:
Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Syntax error: Missing operand after 'Request' operator. This is the error I'm getting.
Otherwise try once @gil.silva said..
I too agree with his suggestion...

DheerajRPA

Hi,

I assume you have 2 columns of extracted data in collection named coll1. Use one more collection coll2 with single column 'name'. Put one loop for the collection coll1->Action Collection(Add row)->Use Calculation stage and give expression [coll1.name] and store in coll2.name. Once the loop completes you will have the data ready

Hi,

I assume you have 2 columns of extracted data in collection named coll1. Use one more collection coll2 with single column 'name'. Put one loop for the collection coll1->Action Collection(Add row)->Use Calculation stage and give expression [coll1.name] and store in coll2.name. Once the loop completes you will have the data ready

Hi Dheeraj,

I agree with your idea but if the data is lil higher this would be a time taking process. Appreciate your idea.