Google Maps API

Hi

I am trying to build a process which would save the maps of the addresses, using Google Static Map API. I managed to implement API in BP using in-built Web API Services, but I have no idea how to convert Response Content to the image.

Attached "Response Content.jpg" shows the result in text format. First strange thing is that data item does not reflect all the encoded text, however it shows that there are 19716 characters inside. Seems that BP just doesn't recognize the encoding?

View attachment Response Content.JPG

I have a feeling that in settings of Web API Service I have to create image response item, using some custom code (marked with yellow on screenshot "Web API Services.jpg"?

View attachment Web API services.jpg

In addition, I am attaching screenshot of the "normal" response content received in some API Tester - "Response Content in API TESTER.jpg".

View attachment Response Content in API TESTER.png

And another is "BP Response Content in Notepad.jpg" - this is the result when I moved data item Response Content to the Notepad - yes, all the text is reflected there, but the encoding is different.

View attachment BP Response Content in Notepad.JPG

I would really appreciate if you give any good inputs and direct me to the right solution.

P.S. Development guide of API is here - https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/maps-static/dev-guide .

Thanks in advance
Aleksandr

suhasdhongade

Not sure but you can give a try
1. open notepad
2. paste response
3. here I guess your response is of PNG image, save it , make sure when you save it, extension of the file should be .png (considering response is png image)

sheel

Hi Aleksandr,

Pls try to store your API output as Image then use surface automation to extract information from image, hope this will work for you.