Google Sheet query

Shweta

Hi,
I am copying google sheet data (not exporting) into clipboard. Then, using split lines (utility - Strings), taking it in collection. But, issue is: I have 17 columns in excel and in collections i am getting those 17 columns in one field. How can i divide them in different columns as were in excel.?
Also, there is a space between column names like:
Col A: Timestamp
Col B: Is there a request type?
Col c: What is the request? etc. etc.

Please advise.

Hi Shweta,
If you copy data to clipboard, it'll never be sorted in a collection according to columns. Did you try to read the whole collection from google sheet data by spying it and using the read stage to fetch the data?

Shweta

yes, i spied the table. But it was not working.
I tried to use reader stage and action as Get table, but it was throwing error: No HTML table found.

Any other way, I can get that data in collection without exporting?
Please check if you are taking the element as table while spying in HTML mode. Other way to get that data into collection is using your way but then you'll have to do a lot of manipulation. So do try one more time with the HTML mode.

Shweta

I tried and selected the element as table only while spying in HTML mode, and go that error which I stated in my previous post.
Can you please advise if there is some alternate option to achieve the same.

Could you please share the source link or screenshot of the table that you are trying to read? And also the attributes of the element that you are selecting from application modeller.

Shweta

Sorry, but wont be able to share the source link and table's screenshot as that contains confidential data. However, I am sharing the attributes that I have selected. PFA the same.

Also, during spying, I am not able to spy the header part.

Attachments

• Appmodeller.PNG
    8.4 KB · Views: 15