[Help] infinite loop

ricob

Hello, All!

Wanted to ask if anyone has experienced infinite loop caused by BP scheduler?

Scenarios seems to look like this:
Login account - on complete: Run process; on exception: Run process
Run process - on complete: Logout account; on exception: Logout account
Logout account - on complete: Login account; on exception: Login account

An infinite loop seems to be running regardless if schedule is deferred or set to expire.

We have done the following so far:
  • Restarted the resource workstation.
  • Deferred the schedule from running until tomorrow.
  • Set the schedule to expire.
Any thoughts on how this might be addressed?

RDawson9

Geek
Staff member
Hi Rico

I think this is happening because none of the processes in your scheduler are set to “On complete: Stop”. Each one starts another process, regardless of whether they complete or cause exception and I think this is causing the loop. There’s no way for the scheduler to stop! :)

Regards
Rob

ricob

Hello, Rob.

Thanks for the inputs.
At this point i think what i need to do is retire the schedule created. any thought on this?

RDawson9

Geek
Staff member
I don’t think that’s required. Can you detail how you’d like the scheduler to run?

- what time(s) in the day?
- which day(s) of the week?
- any other particulars

Trying to understand why you have this arrangement. I would expect the process to stop after it has logged out?

“Logout account - on complete: Login account; on exception: Login account”

Thanks
Rob

ricob

the intial set up was liekthis:

- what time(s) in the day? - initially set to run via scheduler every 3 hours (autotrigger set)
- which day(s) of the week? - daily (7 days a week)
- any other particulars - shared workstation between 2 robots

but.. the login/run/logout process mentioned above was done earlier today as an attempt to keep rerunning due to additional items to be processed without regular manual checks --> apparently it wasn't a good idea (no point for it to stop = completion) at all and it seems to have screwed up the entire workstation.

so right now, the listener has been disabled so said robot is not running. but once resuming the listener or rerun the resourcestartup.bat is done, Blue Prism will pick up where it left and do the same loop all over again.

so thats where we're stuck now

RDawson9

Geek
Staff member
I see. You may be correct in retiring/deleting the schedule before turning the listener back on.

Then, once that’s fixed, I would create a new schedule that stops after the logout process has run.

If you need the process to run more often, you could create a schedule that starts every 30 mins or so. Or you could create a process that runs before everything else and checks whether there is any work to be done. If there is, it kicks off the log in process.

Hope this helps. Let us know!
Rob

Nick87

We ran into the same problem today and could not find a solution online. We ended up contacting Blue Prism customer support.

Since i found this post from 2 years ago when trying to look for a solution i figured i would reply with how we fixed it in case someone else runs across this post as well.

What we did to fix it on our end is delete, retire or change the schedule so it wont invoke another infinite loop and then we had to restart our Blue Prism service(s) on our Blue Prism server.

Hope this was helpfull!
Nick