Help needed with OLEDB csv connection string.

Vikas

I am working on a file, where I have to pull over 150K rows from CSV file into collection. I am trying doing same using OLEDB VBO. But, I am stuck at setting up the OLEDB CSV connection string, getting attached error. I gone through documentation on portal also but not of much help there as well. Any lead or help here would be appreciated.

Connection String I am using:
"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source="&[Data1]&";Extended Properties=\""Text;HDR=Yes\"""

Data1 = C:\\abc.csv

Note: I have installed required Microsoft office Access Database engine 2007.

View attachment 1542865655699.png

VJR

Hi Vikas,

Have you taken a look at the 'Get CSV Text As Collection' action from the 'Utility - File Management' VBO yet?

Anubhav247

Am sure the problem is with the syntax of the Connection string.

Try using the this as a template....

"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=" & [csvFolderPath] & ";Extended Properties = 'text';".

Please note that while reading .csv using oledb you do not specify absolute file pathD:\CSVFOLDER\mycsv.csv but only directory path D:\CSVFOLDER\.

You specify the filename later when you use the other actions named Get Collection and Execute from the same vbo.

Hope that helps future readers!!!

HRBMichael

"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=" & [csvFolderPath] & ";Extended Properties = 'text';".

Please note that while reading .csv using oledb you do not specify absolute file pathD:\CSVFOLDER\mycsv.csv but only directory path D:\CSVFOLDER\.

You specify the filename later when you use the other actions named Get Collection and Execute from the same vbo.

Where do you supply the file name then? I don't see an option to do so and when I include it in my SQL it gives me an error:
The Microsoft Jet database engine could not find the object 'Legal_Audit_Remediation_ODF_11339_10_18_2019_16_18.csv$'. Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name and the path name correctly.

dattien1019

I am really appreciated for your idea. I have resolved my problem with CSV file.

Shiva_6268

Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Format of the initialization string does not conform to specification starting at index 34. Please can anyone say me why im facing this error, when calling Excel by OLEDB in Blueprism

dattien1019

Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Format of the initialization string does not conform to specification starting at index 34. Please can anyone say me why im facing this error, when calling Excel by OLEDB in Blueprism
Could you add some screenshot?

Darshan A

Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Could not find installable ISAM.

can anyone help me with this

tushar165

can you share an example for get collection example for csv

suraj

I am really appreciated for your idea. I have resolved my problem with CSV file.
To all those who were asking steps. Follow this above steps. While trying to retrive data i.e using Get collection just give input as "SELECT * FROM ["&[your file name with extension]&"] T ". You'll get the value.