How could we improve?

adebroise

RPA Ninja
Staff member
Hi everyone!

We’d like to make the forum as useful as possible. Is there anything we can add to the forum to make it even more useful for you?

missmansirao

Hi Adebroise..

Thanks for providing platform to share knowledge. For any successful forum, I personally feel like user interface matters a lot. As I am active user of many forums, I feel to express my personal experience in enjoying forums that provide good environment to the users. Apart from UI, quality of the forums helps users to understand and trust the site in sharing their knowledge and learning as well.

Regards,
Mansi Rao

anisjolly

Administrator
Hi @hal9058

This is something we will be constantly working on. We have a roadmap in place - a very effective one to say the least. If the forum users can also do their part then we have a winning formula.

:)

VJR

It is seen in the recent few posts that some technical Blue Prism queries are submitted under General Chats section unknowingly or accidentally. So a good feature would be to allow a facility for moving the entire thread at any given point of time to its relevant section either by the Original Poster or by the admin of the site.

VJR

Hi @adebroise,

When one visits a specific thread that is related to a query on any technical forum, among the 10 different posts on that page one usually tends to go directly to the response that has helped/resolved the original questioner answer his/her query. This response is usually a tick mark or a word that says "Answer" next to the post. So I think a feature called as 'Mark as Answer' would be great to have. This option can be selected only by the questioner who started the post. There could be cases where the questioner him/herself finds out the resolution to the query OR there could be multiple solutions in the post. In that case this selection can be kept optional before the thread is closed by the original poster (or the admin).

Last edited:

VJR

Suggestion: It has been experienced a lot of times that while responding to a post it does not indicate where it is from. Meaning, many members have responded with a solution in Automation Anywhere to a question that was asked in Blue Prism and vice versa.

Also some posts are in the General Chat section which while responding at the bottom of the page cannot be identified where it is from, unless by chance the page is scrolled to the topmost position and one happens to read where it is from.

There are posts also in the Status window but they are easy to recognise since it has a limited character input with a small box to write in.

A floating bar at the top or something like the freeze panes of Excel which is always visible even when the page is scrolled, or if that's not possible maybe a colored highlighted text with the forum category next to each answer box would be great to know the source of the RPA tool and also useful to direct the questioner to move the post under the right RPA tool instead of mistakenly responding in the General Chats section.

sivagelli

To increase the contributions , can we have Reputations concept similar to Stackoverflow on this forum? I am not sure if we have one already or it is a high ask :).

adebroise

RPA Ninja
Staff member
Hi @sivagelli, good suggestion. We do actually have a points based system for contributing based on post counts and likes. If you click someone's username it shows the points value. I'll look at making it more visible.

sivagelli

Thanks @adebroise for considering the suggestion. Also, can we have an option to add content in table format while creating posts. I do not see an option now.

VJR

Suggestion: It has been experienced a lot of times that while responding to a post it does not indicate where it is from. Meaning, many members have responded with a solution in Automation Anywhere to a question that was asked in Blue Prism and vice versa.

Also some posts are in the General Chat section which while responding at the bottom of the page cannot be identified where it is from, unless by chance the page is scrolled to the topmost position and one happens to read where it is from.

There are posts also in the Status window but they are easy to recognise since it has a limited character input with a small box to write in.

A floating bar at the top or something like the freeze panes of Excel which is always visible even when the page is scrolled, or if that's not possible maybe a colored highlighted text with the forum category next to each answer box would be great to know the source of the RPA tool and also useful to direct the questioner to move the post under the right RPA tool instead of mistakenly responding in the General Chats section.
I think an easiest solution for now is to replace the text "Write your reply..." in the answers box with "Blue Prism" or "Automation Anywhere" or "General Chat". Members are still posting answers in one tool for a question asked in another. I once submitted an entire post and then deleted it on realizing that it was for a different tool :).