How to attach Mainframe emulator window?

Rahul Walia

If I have an already open mainframe window, in Blue Prism how do I attach it to my new object? For the new object in the Application Modeller, I defined, session file name, session identifier, and I am using PComm emulator so selected Mainframe (IBM). For attaching I use navigation object, and in its properties I do not see the "Attach" action.

Can anyone suggest how do we attach Mainframe PComm emulator in Blue Prism?

Thanks!
Rahul
View attachment 1542951575504.png

Rahul Walia

I still don't know what I learnt is correct or not, however, I did some research online and figured out that it is not possible to attach Mainframe window to different objects.

If I have an already open mainframe window, in Blue Prism how do I attach it to my new object? For the new object in the Application Modeller, I defined, session file name, session identifier, and I am using PComm emulator so selected Mainframe (IBM). For attaching I use navigation object, and in its properties I do not see the "Attach" action.

Can anyone suggest how do we attach Mainframe PComm emulator in Blue Prism?

Thanks!
Rahul
View attachment 2596
Rahul that varies from emulator to emulator in the case of mainframe. The one I used also didn't had option for attach. You need to complete the flow in one go. Launch it, it'll already be attached. Then complete the operation. If you need to go to mainframe home, there are shortcuts. However, no option to attach.

Rahul Walia

Rahul that varies from emulator to emulator in the case of mainframe. The one I used also didn't had option for attach. You need to complete the flow in one go. Launch it, it'll already be attached. Then complete the operation. If you need to go to mainframe home, there are shortcuts. However, no option to attach.
Yes, that's what I did with my PCOMM emulator...Finished everything in one go.

Arbaaz

Can anyone help with bringing the focus to Mainframe application? I cannot find a Focus or an Activate application for my IBM mainframe application