How to avoid resolution issues which was spied by Regioin Mode in Blueprism?

Arun Siri

I'm working in Citrix environment- to RDC-dev(Windows Server 2008)
I spied all the elements using region modes, but when i try to run bots from different machine("from other machine citrix envr to same RDC-Dev Server") it is giving errors!?
i'm required to run bot from many different machines..
somebody please help me how to avoid these kind of resolution issues that it should work any systems without changing internal sping elements....??

aslam.passion

Hi Arun,

If you are created bot in region mode then resolution and color tolerance are most important factors.
1- First define screen resolution for that BOT, 1024*768 or 1366*768,, ect which is suit for you at dev time.
2-If you are running you bots on multiple VMs then make sure all VM must have same resolution on which your processes are running.
3- set color Tolerance for that IMG some time their color may light or blur so color tolerance will help to identify that image.
4- if you dont know how to change screen resolution to make other same then use qres.exe to change the resolution of your vm's.

hope it will help for your problem.

Pete_L

You're getting this issue because the screen resolution on your Runtime Resource(s) - RR - is different from the screen resolution on the machine where you created the Region Mode image. It is not advisable to manually reset the default resolution on the RR's, because if they are running other processes that use objects with Region Mode, you don't want to cause issues with those other processes. Instead, you need to set the resolution on the RR to match that of your Region Mode image at runtime of your process, and then set it back to the default at the end of your process.

You can use QRes to do this. It's a freee download. First, note the screen resolution on your DEV machine (or wherever you did the Region Mode spying). Create an object that calls QRes, with the desired screen resolution as input to a SetResolution action. At the very beginning of your main process, in the first stage after Start, call the SetResolution action and pass the input (remember to pass in the same resolution that you noted earlier; it must match the resolution from the machine where you created the Region Mode image.) When the proecess finishes, QRes restores the original resolution. This way, your process will always run using the same screen resolution of your Region Mode image, and it should resolve your problem.

If you don't (or can't) download QRes, you can create a code stage that changes the resolution using VBA's ChangeRes X,Y function. X and Y represents the desired screen resolution, like 1024x768 for example. At the end of your process, create a code stage that sets it back to the original resolution.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Pete_L

I'm glad you got it to work, but please take heed of the warning in my post: "It is not advisable to manually reset the default resolution on the RR's, because if they are running other processes that use objects with Region Mode, you don't want to cause issues with those other processes. Instead, you need to set the resolution on the RR to match that of your Region Mode image at runtime of your process, and then set it back to the default at the end of your process."

Are there other processes running on these bots whose resolution you changed? If so, be on the lookout for similar problems with other automations.