How to check for a attachment is present or not in a mail using MS Outlook Email VBO

spartan

Hi All,

I have a scenario for outlook functionality that to check for a attachment in a mail, If attachment is present then i need to save that attachment. Can anyone could help me on this?

Manikanta

HI @spartan
For this scenario for outlook functionality that to check for a attachment in a mail, If attachment is present then u need to save that attachment, then u need to have ms outlook vbo, and spy each and every element which occurred in ur operation.
then u can save ur attachment with spying and automation accurately.

Hi @spartan,

Follow below steps :-
1. Configure the email service using the Email Service.
View attachment 1571213947220.png

2. Use give which folder you want to read the mail from and filters accordingly .

View attachment 1571214032812.png

3. After above step you will get the collection as Results . apply some Filter as your requirement if any and then use the action Get Message details

View attachment 1571214210017.png

4. After above steps you will get all attachment name , no of attachment in the email and its body , sender email address. then use the Save Attachement mail action and iterate with AttachmentNames collection

View attachment 1571214349932.png

5. In the out put of this you will get the attachment path where it will download and then you can use according to the use where you wanna use.

Please let me know if any help needed .
Thanks
Shikhar

Attachments

• 1571214294414.png
    27.1 KB · Views: 34
Hi @spartan,

Follow below steps :-
1. Configure the email service using the Email Service.
View attachment 4690

2. Use give which folder you want to read the mail from and filters accordingly .

View attachment 4691

3. After above step you will get the collection as Results . apply some Filter as your requirement if any and then use the action Get Message details

View attachment 4692

4. After above steps you will get all attachment name , no of attachment in the email and its body , sender email address. then use the Save Attachement mail action and iterate with AttachmentNames collection

View attachment 4694

5. In the out put of this you will get the attachment path where it will download and then you can use according to the use where you wanna use.

Please let me know if any help needed .
Thanks
Shikhar
Hi Shikar,
could you please share the "Email service" VBO. if possible ?

ewilson

If you use the Get Received Items Basic, Advanced, or Expert actions, on the standard Outlook VBO, to retrieve the messages you're interested in, the returned Collection will include a field titles Attachments. That field will consist of a pipe (|) delimited list of any attachments on the the specific message. However, any embedded graphics in the message (ex. company logo) will be returned as attachments too. So you just need to implement some logic to check for the particular file types you're expecting (ex. .pdf).