Solved How to click a radio button in table after verifying the required value?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ratulgh

Hi Folks!

I'm totally new to blue prism. I am working on a web based application (flight ticket booking website). Here I was trying to identify specific value (Time of departure and arrival) in a the search results (contains values and respective radio buttons) and then click a specific radio button associated to the particular value. Could you kindly advice on how this could be done?

Attaching the screenshot of the website search results.

Thank you

Attachments

• Search results_ibibo.JPG
    Search results_ibibo.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 200

RDawson9

Geek
Staff member
Hi @ratulgh

One way would be to spy all flight times and all the radio buttons and label them up accordingly in Application Modeller:

e.g.
Label - Flight Time Line 1
Radio Button - Line 1

Then read each label in turn using a Read stage and, when you've found the one you want, click the respective radio button.

A better way, but a more advanced way, would be to use a dynamic HTML path. In the above method, you would have to spy a finite number of entries. For example, you may spy the first 10 in the list, meaning you can't access anything after the 10th entry without going back and spying them. Using a dynamic HTML path, you could read the value of each label, no matter how long the list, and then amend the path to select the radio button once you've found it. I would suggest reading the Browser Automation Guide on the Blue Prism portal if you haven't done so already.

N.B. a pitfall of browser automation is using public websites. As we have no control over as and when these are amended, it can sometimes lead to the HTML path changing completely, meaning a re-spy is required.

Rob :)

ratulgh

Hello @RDawson9

Thank you for the solution and sorry for getting back late on the reply. As I was travelling and away from the tool, I could not implement the suggested solution. I was able to apply the solution you suggested (using dynamic HTML path). This I did not for the search results but before getting to the search results there was a step to select departure dates and return dates using calendar elements. So I built a process to seek the path, few calculation and decisions to jump columns and rows. I hope I'm doing it the right way. So far the solution you provided works like a charm. Now I will work on implementing the same in search results to select the flight.

I'm sharing the process here though I'm not sure how much of it I can explain here. Feel free to correct me if my approach is incorrect. Kindly have mercy on the shabby process as I have just started using the tool.

The idea of using dynamic HTML path provides so many solution in automating on a web app. Thank you so much once again for the perfect solution. Love this forum hope to continue learning more from all the experienced folks here.

Regards,
Ratul

Attachments

• Handeling calendar elements using dynamic path.pdf
    544.1 KB · Views: 192

anisjolly

Administrator
Hi @ratulgh

Many thanks for sharing your solution! Great to hear you've used the calculation stages to generate the required data for the dynamic path! I do hope your shared solution helps others in experiencing the same predicament.

Status
Not open for further replies.