how to compare combination of two columns from one workbook to combination of two columns another workbook and find not matched

meghanirale

I have two workbook excel1 and excel2 in that I have two columns with the combination name and no and another excel2 we have the same combination name and no..then how to find non matched data ?

Ritansh_Jatwani

Hi @meghanirale ,

In Excel 1, create a new column and insert the formula to concatenate both the column data i.e. name and number using CONCATENATE function of Excel. Similarly, perform the same action in Excel 2 as well. Now perform a vlookup on Excel 2 to search for the records in Excel 1. The records which are not found using vlookup (the values which give #NA as the result) are the unique ones and the ones which are matched are the duplicate ones.
Please let me know if the solution worked for you.

meghanirale

Hi @meghanirale ,

In Excel 1, create a new column and insert the formula to concatenate both the column data i.e. name and number using CONCATENATE function of Excel. Similarly, perform the same action in Excel 2 as well. Now perform a vlookup on Excel 2 to search for the records in Excel 1. The records which are not found using vlookup (the values which give #NA as the result) are the unique ones and the ones which are matched are the duplicate ones.
Please let me know if the solution worked for you.
Thanks a lot