how to copy file name into varible

ksaibhargav

if i have any excel file suppose if i want to store the file name into data item by checking the file exists in the given folder path or not how to do it .

Sukesh Kumaru

Yes, you can do this by Using Business Object : "Utility - File Management" and Action : "Get Files" then all the Filenames will get transfered into the Collection and after that transfer the "Name" Column value to a Data Item ([Excel Filenames.Name] to filename in the example i showed) and then check the Filename in that data item and which we want to search both are equal using Decision Stage, if filename matches then write to TRUE to a Data item named "Exists" or else False.
For Your reference i added a screenshot of canvas area which i worked on exclusively for your demonstration.
Hope you got the solution and please let me know if didn't get it.
Thanks,
Sukesh Kumaru.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 30

tiger19

Yes, you can do this by Using Business Object : "Utility - File Management" and Action : "Get Files" then all the Filenames will get transfered into the Collection and after that transfer the "Name" Column value to a Data Item ([Excel Filenames.Name] to filename in the example i showed) and then check the Filename in that data item and which we want to search both are equal using Decision Stage, if filename matches then write to TRUE to a Data item named "Exists" or else False.
For Your reference i added a screenshot of canvas area which i worked on exclusively for your demonstration.
Hope you got the solution and please let me know if didn't get it.
Thanks,
Sukesh Kumaru.

Hi, sorry I don't get it. Can you show the screenshot with steps that you apply inside. I manage to get the Files as collection. How can I read the files name?