HOW TO CREATE A NEW FOLDER IN MY PC USING BLUE PRISM

RsBhargav

Hi,

Using Create directory in File management VBO we can do this. Just try by appending the folder path with date function to get desired name for directory.

Thanks,
Rs

Hi ,

-> Yes as per @Manikanta you can use code stage but already blue prism provide folder functionality.
-> Folder Functionality in Blue prism as follows :-
- Use Utility- File Management VBO
1. Give a the path where you wanted to save the file to and give folder name .
View attachment 1571050416153.png
For e.g. Summary path is some path and Folder name is some Parent folder in which you want to create the day wise folder.

2. Now above action will give the flag if directory exists or not if not we can create the Directory which same path using
View attachment 1571050559906.png

3. Now comes the inner condition where you want to create the folder or current year or month or day whatever needed as per your requirements use calculation stage to create this path and with the use of create directory action as before step you will able top create the folder now

View attachment 1571050712836.png

Please let me know if any help needed.

Shikhar

Hi Manikanta,

Please see attached page into the blue prism . Its worked fit and fine for me in all cases. Just give a local path in summary path variable it will create a folder report and then inside it will create year wise folder and then month wise folder. Hope it will resolve

Attachments

• DayWise folder .zip
    3.7 KB · Views: 162

Manikanta

Hi Manikanta,

Please see attached page into the blue prism . Its worked fit and fine for me in all cases. Just give a local path in summary path variable it will create a folder report and then inside it will create year wise folder and then month wise folder. Hope it will resolve
\
I tried this Page importing into my system
New folder didn't yet created in my system

@Manikanta
This happens when BP "gets lost" after the end of a page because it was not directed to the page using a Page Reference stage to begin with. It can happen if for example you are using Set Next Stage a bit too freely jumping between pages instead of following a more linear approach to debug your process. I would suggest to reset Process and give just proper path in summary path Variable and just run it again

Hi ,

-> Yes as per @Manikanta you can use code stage but already blue prism provide folder functionality.
-> Folder Functionality in Blue prism as follows :-
- Use Utility- File Management VBO
1. Give a the path where you wanted to save the file to and give folder name .
View attachment 4676
For e.g. Summary path is some path and Folder name is some Parent folder in which you want to create the day wise folder.

2. Now above action will give the flag if directory exists or not if not we can create the Directory which same path using
View attachment 4677

3. Now comes the inner condition where you want to create the folder or current year or month or day whatever needed as per your requirements use calculation stage to create this path and with the use of create directory action as before step you will able top create the folder now

View attachment 4678

Please let me know if any help needed.

Shikhar
Hi Shikhar its worked perfectly thanks for the support.

Venaka

@Manikanta
This happens when BP "gets lost" after the end of a page because it was not directed to the page using a Page Reference stage to begin with. It can happen if for example you are using Set Next Stage a bit too freely jumping between pages instead of following a more linear approach to debug your process. I would suggest to reset Process and give just proper path in summary path Variable and just run it again
Please shikhar sir can you i explain with pics I facing error create new folder